Acquire the 2 Day -Advanced Course -Executive Function in Kids & Teens Who Are Smart but Scattered – Margaret Dawson Course at at GBesy. We actively partake in Groupbuys, striving to disseminate knowledge to a wider audience. Notably, our courses uphold the same quality standards as those found on the sale page. Should you prefer, you have the option to make a direct purchase from the sale page at the full price (the SALEPAGE link is seamlessly integrated into the post).
2 Day -Advanced Course -Executive Function in Kids & Teens Who Are Smart but Scattered by Margaret Dawson,
Salepage link: At HERE. Archive:
- Margaret Dawson
- 12 Hours 45 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Dec 11, 2019
Make good choices. Study. Take turns. Start homework. Sit still. Focus. Finish homework. Turn in homework.
Executive function (EF) is at the core of everything kids and teens are asked to do each day at home and school. And yet when these expectations aren’t met, professionals often turn to consequences, discipline, and “tough love” to encourage change. And when that doesn’t work, the child is labeled as “lazy” or “unmotivated” rather than someone who lacks certain skills.
Watch Peg Dawson, Ed.D., NCSP, leading expert in executive function, for this advanced training where you’ll not only gain a comprehensive understanding of executive dysfunction and its impact on young lives, you’ll also have a complete clinical toolbox full of interventions to:
- Assess for and diagnose executive function difficulties from childhood to early adulthood
- Change any environment to accommodate low or weak executive skills
- Boost skills in organization, planning, decision making and emotional regulation
- Provide effective psychoeducation and training to parents and families
- And more!
And while many intervention plans are too complicated and time-intensive for long term success, Peg offers up simple, straightforward, and practical interventions that can be used every day to improve any child or teen’s level of functioning.
This recorded training is a must-watch for any professional working with kids and adolescents – buy today!
|Manual – Executive Function in Kids & Teens (1.97 MB)||76 Pages||Available after Purchase|
|Additional Handout – Executive Functions (451 KB)||21 Pages||Available after Purchase|
|Instructions for ASHA credit – Self Study (64.4 KB)||Available after Purchase|
Get to Know Executive Function (EF)
- The 11 executive skills
- Two dimensions of EF skills: Thinking and doing
- Are EF skills innate? Learned?
- Exercise: Match the descriptor to the EF skill
The Neurobiology of EF
- Normal v. atypical brain development
- Chronological v. age of functioning, ex – ADHD
- How do executive skills develop in the brain?
- Negative influences on EF development
- Can executive skills be recovered?
Assessment: What Does Weak EF Look Like?
- Parent/teacher interviews: What to ask/ look for and why
- Behavior rating scales (BRIEF-2, ADHD Rating Scales-V, and more!)
- Limitations of formal evaluation
- Observation/informal assessment
- When is it an educational disability?
- Co-morbidity with mental health disorders
Linking Assessment to Intervention: 3 Key Skills to Accommodate Executive Skill Weaknesses
- Environmental Modifications
- Any changes made external to the child – physical or social
- Modify the nature of the task(s)
- Change the ways adults interact with the child
- Exercise: Brainstorm modifications for each EF skill
- Teach Deficient Skills
- Adults (temporarily) become the child’s frontal lobe
- 3 steps to embedding executive skills into:
- Content area lessons
- Whole-class routines
- Small group curricula
- Adaptations for K-6, middle school, and high school
- Step-by-step examples: Cleaning room, starting the day, homework plans, classroom organization
- Exercise: Design an EF-conducive classroom or home routine
- Motivate the Child to Use the Skill
- A new look at incentives and reinforcement
- The benefits of using incentives
- Simple “go-to” incentives
- Longer term, more elaborate incentives
- Exercise: Brainstorm and discussion on incentives
STRATEGIES, STRATEGIES, STRATEGIES: Must-Have Interventions for Home, School & Beyond
- The 7 keys to effective intervention design
- The “perfect” intervention has these 2 factors
- Must-have strategies for getting kids on board
- Covey’s in my control/out of my control
Student-Centered Interventions: Steps and Guidelines
- Exercise: Step-by-step development of a student-centered intervention
- Case: Sarah – seatwork struggles, poor follow through
- Case: Max – task refusal, wanders, not following directions
- Case: High school student – intellectual disabilities
Practical, Innovative Strategies Designed to Target:
- Beginning & end of day routines
- All things homework – collection, completion, turning in!
- Paying attention
- Desk cleaning
- Writing papers
- Longer-term projects
- Managing open-ended tasks
- Taking notes
- Temper control
- Perspective taking
- Problem solving
- And more!
Coaching: 1:1 Interventions for Executive Skill Development
- Key components of coaching
- Stages and goal setting
- Class-wide peer coaching
- Evidence behind coaching’s effectiveness
- ABA/RTI in schools
- Working with parents and families
- Multicultural factors
- Limitations of the research and potential risks
Peg Dawson, Ed.D., NCSP, is a school psychologist and for over 20 years has worked at the Center for Learning and Attention Disorders in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, where she specializes in the assessment of children and adults with learning and attention disorders. She is co-author of the bestselling books on executive dysfunction, Executive Skills in Children and Adolescents: 2nd Edition (Guilford, 2010), Smart but Scattered (Guilford, 2009) and Smart but Scattered Teens (Guilford, 2013).
Peg is a past editor of Communiqué, the newsletter of the National Association of School Psychologists, and has published numerous articles and book chapters on a variety of topics, including retention, ability grouping, reading disorders, attention disorders, the sleep problems of adolescents, the use of interviews in the assessment process, and homework.
Peg has many years of organizational experience at the state, national and international levels and served in many capacities, including president of the New Hampshire Association of School Psychologists, the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP) and the International School Psychology Association.She has also participated in many of NASP’s leadership initiatives, including the Futures Conference and the development of both the second and third Blueprint for the Training and Practice of School Psychology. She is the 2006 recipient of NASP’s Lifetime Achievement Award. Peg received her doctorate in school/child clinical psychology from the University of Virginia.
Financial: Margaret (Peg) Dawson is an author for Guilford Press and receives royalties. She is an author for Amacon publishers and receives royalties. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Margaret (Peg) Dawson has no relevant non-financial relationships to disclose.
Buy the 2 Day -Advanced Course -Executive Function in Kids & Teens Who Are Smart but Scattered – Margaret Dawson course at the best price at GBesy. After your purchase, you will get access to the downloads page. You can download all the files associated in your order at here and we will also send a download notification email via your mail.
Unlock your full potential with 2 Day -Advanced Course -Executive Function in Kids & Teens Who Are Smart but Scattered – Margaret Dawson courses. our courses are designed to help you excel.
Why wait? Take the first step towards greatness by purchasing 2 Day -Advanced Course -Executive Function in Kids & Teens Who Are Smart but Scattered – Margaret Dawson courses today. We offer a seamless and secure purchasing experience, ensuring your peace of mind. With our trusted payment gateways, Stripe and PayPal, you can confidently complete your transaction knowing that your financial information is protected.
Stripe, known for its robust security measures, provides a safe and reliable payment process. With its encrypted technology, your sensitive data remains confidential throughout the transaction. Rest assured that your purchase is protected.
PayPal, a globally recognized payment platform, offers an additional layer of security. With its buyer protection program, you can feel confident in your purchase. PayPal ensures that your financial details are safeguarded, allowing you to focus on your learning journey.
Is it secure? to Use of?
- Your identity is completely confidential. We do not share your information with anyone. So it is absolutely safe to buy the 2 Day -Advanced Course -Executive Function in Kids & Teens Who Are Smart but Scattered – Margaret Dawson course.
- 100% Safe Checkout Privateness coverage
- Communication and encryption of sensitive knowledge
- All card numbers are encrypted using AES at relaxation-256 and transmitting card numbers runs in a separate internet hosting atmosphere, and doesn’t share or save any data.
How can this course be delivered?
- After your successful payment this “2 Day -Advanced Course -Executive Function in Kids & Teens Who Are Smart but Scattered – Margaret Dawson course”, Most of the products will come to you immediately. But for some products were posted for offer. Please wait for our response, it might take a few hours due to the time zone difference.
- If this happens, please wait. The technical department will process the link shortly after. You will receive notifications directly by e-mail. We appreciate your wait.
What Shipping Methods Are Available?
- You will receive a download link in the invoice or YOUR ACCOUNT.
- The course link always exists. use your account to login and download the 2 Day -Advanced Course -Executive Function in Kids & Teens Who Are Smart but Scattered – Margaret Dawson course whenever you need.
- You only need to visit a single link, and you can get all the 2 Day -Advanced Course -Executive Function in Kids & Teens Who Are Smart but Scattered – Margaret Dawson course content at once.
- You can do your learning online. You can be downloaded for better results and can study anywhere on any device. Make sure your system does not sleep during the download.
How Do I Track Order?
- We always notice the status of your order immediately after your payment. After 7 days if there is no download link, the system will automatically complete your money.
- We love to hear from you. Please don’t hesitate to email us with any comments, questions and suggestions.