Acquire the 2-Day Certification Conference -Alzheimer’s, Dementias and Geriatric Mental Health Conditions – Micheal Shafer Course at at GBesy. We actively partake in Groupbuys, striving to disseminate knowledge to a wider audience. Notably, our courses uphold the same quality standards as those found on the sale page. Should you prefer, you have the option to make a direct purchase from the sale page at the full price (the SALEPAGE link is seamlessly integrated into the post).
2-Day Certification Conference -Alzheimer’s, Dementias and Geriatric Mental Health Conditions by Micheal Shafer,
Salepage link: At HERE. Archive:
- Micheal Shafer
- 13 Hours
- Audio and Video
- Aug 27, 2020
No matter the discipline, very few providers have received adequate training on safely and effectively meeting the complex mental and behavioral health needs of older adults.
Don’t be caught unprepared!
Whether you’re a social worker, psychologist, counselor, nurse, OT, PT, SLP, or Long-Term Care professional, this training is exactly what you need to ensure proper care for geriatric patients facing Alzheimer’s, other dementias, depression, anxiety, trauma, substance use issues, and suicidal ideation. More than a broad overview, this training will give you specific strategies and interventions tailored to older adults.
During this specialized training you’ll receive:
- Cognitive assessment tools and interpretation tips
- Practical solutions to challenging behaviors in dementia patients
- Detailed guidance on recognizing the warning signs of suicidal behavior in older adults
- Adaptive solutions to treat late life depression, anxiety, trauma and drug use
- Tips and tactics for successfully working with families
Purchase today and leave feeling prepared and confident in your ability to overcome the most challenging complexities of working with geriatric patients as a Certified Dementia Care Specialist (CDCS)!
Completion of this training fulfills the educational requirements should you choose to apply for certification as a Certified Dementia Care Specialist (CDCS) – Visit www.evergreencertifications.com/CDCS for answers to frequently asked certification questions.
|Manual (Black & White Slides) (25.3 MB)||98 Pages||Available after Purchase|
|Manual (Color Slides) (22.6 MB)||98 Pages||Available after Purchase|
Dementia Differentiation, Diagnosis and Prognosis
- Types of dementia and how to differentiate between them
- Pseudo-dementia explanations
- Mild Neuro-Cognitive Disorder
- Diagnosis, prognosis, and stages
- The latest preventative treatments
Cognitive Assessment Essentials
- Mini-Mental State Examination
- Administration and scoring
- Objective and subjective interpretation
Challenging Behavior Toolbox:
Trigger Identification, Problem Solving, and Compassionate Intervention Strategies
- Individualizing care – strengths and limitations
- Pain and pain assessment
- Tactics for verbal and physical combativeness
- Agitation – triggers, pain and care planning
- Delusions and hallucinations — potential causes and complications
- Wandering – redirection techniques to reduce risks
- Tips for working with sundowners
- Sexual expressiveness and interventions for dignity
- Activities of Daily Living – structure and engagement strategies
Verbal and Non-Verbal Strategies for Communication:
Reduce Frustration and Increase Understanding with Dementia Patients
- When traditional communication is replaced by behaviors
- Person centered: Gathering beliefs and values
- Effective tips for communicating with dementia patients
- Find the meaning behind the gesture
- How to avoid arguments
- What questions to ask, and how to ask them
- Meaningful activities that connect
Tips and Tactics for Successfully Working with Caregivers
- Family dynamics
- Validation, empathy and active listening
- Caregiver burnout and where to go for help
- End of life issues
- Ethical issues and abuse
How Aging Impacts Mental Health
- The aging brain, body and unique stressors of late life
- Social systems, stigma and life role transitions
- How medical illness impacts mental health
Essential Considerations for Safety and Effectiveness
- The senior metabolism and unique safety concerns
- Common side effect of drugs on seniors
- Interactive effects to be aware of
Assessment and Interventions
- Assessment strategies for late-life depression
- The role of social support
- Working with grief and loss
- Cognitive approaches to focus on today’s problems
- Adaptive exercise solutions for the physically challenged
Suicide in Older Adults:
How to Recognize the Warning Signs and Properly Intervene
- The complexity of suicidal behavior in older adults
- Assessment and screening tools
- Treatment approaches and crisis guidance
Alcohol and Drug Use in the Elderly
- Unique vulnerabilities and diagnostic difficulties
- Assessment instruments
- Motivational Interviewing and relapse prevention strategies
Identification and Treatment Strategies Adapted to Older Adults
- Risk factors, stressors and symptoms
- Loss of social support and fear of being alone
- Medical issues and hypochondria
- Evidence-based psychological treatments
Trauma-Informed Treatment of Older Adults
- What the latest research tells us – and what it doesn’t
- Special considerations when assessing seniors for trauma
- Trauma and somatic complaints
The Role of Nutrition in Geriatric Behavioral Problems
- How vitamin and mineral deficiencies impact behavior
- How the volatility of blood sugar can impact behavior
- Strategies for non-compliant eating
Micheal Shafer Ph.D. is a clinical psychologist who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of people with dementia. Dr. Shafer holds multiple teaching positions in the Michigan State University School of Medicine in the departments Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and Radiology.
Dr. Shafer lectures nationally on a variety of clinical and research issues, and has conducted numerous trainings for physicians about medication utilization and mechanisms of actions, particularly for those used to treat Alzheimer’s Disease. His primary research/clinical interests include the assessment of neuropsychological disorders (e.g., stroke, traumatic brain injury (TBI), Alzheimer’s) and the study of localized brain functioning. Prior to earning his Ph.D., Dr. Shafer provided hospital-based counseling services and conducted research at the University of Maryland Medical School.
Dr. Shafer earned his M.A. degree in applied psychology from the University of Baltimore and his Ph.D. in clinical psychology with an emphasis on neuropsychology from the University of North Texas.
Financial: Micheal Shafer Ph.D. has an employment relationship with Michigan State University School of Medicine in the departments of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and Radiology. Dr. Shafter is a staff psychologist at PAR Rehab Services. He conducts trainings and lectures nationally. Dr. Shafer receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Micheal Shafer Ph.D. is a board member of the Michigan Rehabilitation & Research Corporation (MRRC) and a Chapter Board Member of the Alzheimer’s Assocation. Dr. Shafer holds professional memberships in the Clinical Neuropsychology (Division 40, APA), the American Psychological Association (APA), and the National Academy of Neuropsychology (NAN).
Buy the 2-Day Certification Conference -Alzheimer’s, Dementias and Geriatric Mental Health Conditions – Micheal Shafer course at the best price at GBesy. After your purchase, you will get access to the downloads page. You can download all the files associated in your order at here and we will also send a download notification email via your mail.
Unlock your full potential with 2-Day Certification Conference -Alzheimer’s, Dementias and Geriatric Mental Health Conditions – Micheal Shafer courses. our courses are designed to help you excel.
Why wait? Take the first step towards greatness by purchasing 2-Day Certification Conference -Alzheimer’s, Dementias and Geriatric Mental Health Conditions – Micheal Shafer courses today. We offer a seamless and secure purchasing experience, ensuring your peace of mind. With our trusted payment gateways, Stripe and PayPal, you can confidently complete your transaction knowing that your financial information is protected.
Stripe, known for its robust security measures, provides a safe and reliable payment process. With its encrypted technology, your sensitive data remains confidential throughout the transaction. Rest assured that your purchase is protected.
PayPal, a globally recognized payment platform, offers an additional layer of security. With its buyer protection program, you can feel confident in your purchase. PayPal ensures that your financial details are safeguarded, allowing you to focus on your learning journey.
Is it secure? to Use of?
- Your identity is completely confidential. We do not share your information with anyone. So it is absolutely safe to buy the 2-Day Certification Conference -Alzheimer’s, Dementias and Geriatric Mental Health Conditions – Micheal Shafer course.
- 100% Safe Checkout Privateness coverage
- Communication and encryption of sensitive knowledge
- All card numbers are encrypted using AES at relaxation-256 and transmitting card numbers runs in a separate internet hosting atmosphere, and doesn’t share or save any data.
How can this course be delivered?
- After your successful payment this “2-Day Certification Conference -Alzheimer’s, Dementias and Geriatric Mental Health Conditions – Micheal Shafer course”, Most of the products will come to you immediately. But for some products were posted for offer. Please wait for our response, it might take a few hours due to the time zone difference.
- If this happens, please wait. The technical department will process the link shortly after. You will receive notifications directly by e-mail. We appreciate your wait.
What Shipping Methods Are Available?
- You will receive a download link in the invoice or YOUR ACCOUNT.
- The course link always exists. use your account to login and download the 2-Day Certification Conference -Alzheimer’s, Dementias and Geriatric Mental Health Conditions – Micheal Shafer course whenever you need.
- You only need to visit a single link, and you can get all the 2-Day Certification Conference -Alzheimer’s, Dementias and Geriatric Mental Health Conditions – Micheal Shafer course content at once.
- You can do your learning online. You can be downloaded for better results and can study anywhere on any device. Make sure your system does not sleep during the download.
How Do I Track Order?
- We always notice the status of your order immediately after your payment. After 7 days if there is no download link, the system will automatically complete your money.
- We love to hear from you. Please don’t hesitate to email us with any comments, questions and suggestions.