Acquire the 2-Day Growing Up Anxious -Treating Anxiety Disorders in a Generation Hyper-focused on Achievement, Technology & Safety – Steve O’Brien Course at at GBesy. We actively partake in Groupbuys, striving to disseminate knowledge to a wider audience. Notably, our courses uphold the same quality standards as those found on the sale page. Should you prefer, you have the option to make a direct purchase from the sale page at the full price (the SALEPAGE link is seamlessly integrated into the post).
2-Day Growing Up Anxious -Treating Anxiety Disorders in a Generation Hyper-focused on Achievement, Technology & Safety by Steve O’Brien,
Salepage link: At HERE. Archive:
- Steve O’Brien
- 12 Hours 12 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Sep 22, 2020
We all want kids to be successful, safe, and secure, but such good intentions are having unintended consequences.
Three societal ingredients…. a hyper-academic mindset, preoccupation with safety, and a tech-obsessed society… are fueling childhood anxiety, leaving kids fearful, avoidant, and ill-equipped for adulthood.
Watch child psychologist Steve O’Brien, Psy.D., for 2 days filled with practical strategies as he presents a three-level treatment model for childhood anxiety using targeted, evidenced-based therapies to:
- Connect with and “rewire” anxious children and families
- Provide child-friendly instruction about anxiety and the brain
- Promote self-expression and healthy coping in shut-down kids
- Reduce debilitating social anxiety in adolescents
- Treat technology-related worries, obsessions, and compulsions
- Develop anxiety-free safety plans for distressed kids and parents
Don’t miss out on this cutting-edge program for equipping and empowering kids to not only cope with anxiety, but to thrive as they develop a growing sense of both competence and confidence!
|Manual – Growing Up Anxious (1.1 MB)||101 Pages||Available after Purchase|
GROWING UP ANXIOUS – 3 KEY INGREDIENTS
EARLY EMPHASIS ON HIGH ACHIEVEMENT AND PERFORMANCE
- Emotional costs of a hyper-academic mindset and over-evaluation
- Performance philosophy pitfalls: perfectionism and procrastination
- Consequences of strong individualism: anti-collaborative attitudes
TECHNOLOGY IMMERSION: PLUGGED IN BUT TUNED OUT
- Tech-savvy, socially naive
- Fearless online, fearful offline
- Gratification-dependent, grit-deficient
PREOCCUPATION WITH SAFETY AND POTENTIAL THREAT
- Overprotected but underdeveloped….socially and emotionally
- How dysregulated adults promote anxiety-ridden kids
- Failure to launch: Why “adulting” is difficult and frightening
INTEGRATING EVIDENCED-BASED TREATMENT APPROACHES
- Behavior therapy/modification
- Cognitive-behavior therapy
- Family-focused/systemic therapy
- Interpersonal therapy
- Play/art/creative therapies
- Mindfulness-based therapies
GUIDELINES FOR RAPPORT-BUILDING AND CLINICAL INTERVIEWING
- Semi-structured parent interviews: Combining engagement with efficiency
- Developmentally-sensitive child interviews: Integrating observation, play and dialogue
- Parent consultation: Constructing a framework for parental involvement
PSYCHOEDUCATION FOR PARENTS AND KIDS: THE FIRST INTERVENTION
- Teaching parents about their child’s overactive brain
- Giving a child-friendly “tour of the brain”
- Highlighting the mind-body connection
- Social Anxiety Disorder
- Evaluating cognitive versus physiological features
- Cognitive-behavioral methods for getting teens out of their heads and into the world
- Role-playing and free association games for promoting real-time interaction
- Desensitization strategies for combating social avoidance
BIOPSYCHOSOCIAL TREATMENT: THE SECOND INTERVENTION
- “LOWERING THE TEMPERATURE, SLOWING THE PACE”
- Reducing Emotional Intensity and Conflict for a Calmer Environment
- Healthy habits and daily transition rituals
- Self-expression and support-seeking skills
- 3 R’s of anxiety management: Recognize, Relax, Redirect
TARGETED TREATMENT FOR MAJOR (DSM-5™) ANXIETY DISORDERS: THE THIRD INTERVENTION
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Identifying manifestations of chronic worry
- Cognitive strategies for discrediting the “what-if? person”
- Self-talk for empowering the “helpful coach”
- Cognitive-behavioral redirection for worries
- Paradoxical relaxation for overachievers
- Separation Anxiety Disorder
- Assessing psychological and somatic components
- Pre-treatment preparation: It’s all about the plan
- Developing a treatment-support team
- Action plans for high-distress episodes
- Strategies for distressed/enmeshed parents
- Phobias and Panic Disorder
- Cognitive and physical/physiological symptoms
- Essential ingredients for desensitization
- “Challenge ladders” for gradual exposure
- Planning-for-panic strategies
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Variations in obsessive-compulsive symptomatology
- “Brain challenges” for rigid perfectionists
- Mindfulness strategies: “Balloon breathing and wet noodles” for high-threat perceivers
- Controlled withdrawal and replacement for tech-addicts
CO-OCCURRING DISORDERS: TREATMENT IMPLICATIONS, RISKS, AND LIMITATIONS
- Depressive Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
ANXIETY-RIDDEN AT SCHOOL: CONSIDERATIONS AND CLASSROOM APPLICATIONS
- Relationship-building with distressed/disruptive kids
- Dealing with the (dreaded) 3 D’s:
- Defiance, Disrespect, Disruption
- Creating a calm, responsive classroom
- Reducing task avoidance and test anxiety
- Managing compulsive technology usage
- Identifying, intervening, and preventing bullying
- Tips for (post) pandemic adjustment
MEASURING TREATMENT PROGRESS
- Evaluating symptomatology and functional level
- School consultation and recommendations
- Medication: Guidelines for discussion and referral
Dr. Steve O’Brien is a clinical psychologist with close to 30 years of experience treating children, adolescents, and families in his Clearwater, Florida practice. His specialty areas include treatment for childhood anxiety and depression, ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorders, and divorced/blended family adjustment. Dr. O’Brien utilizes an integrative model which tailors treatment to the developmental level of both children and parents. His approach integrates individual child therapy with intensive parental and familial interventions.
Dr. O’Brien has worked in a variety of clinical settings including community mental health centers, psychiatric hospitals, and medical clinics. He earned his PsyD at Nova Southeastern University and received specialized training in applied developmental psychology. Pediatric, child psychiatric, and school consultation is a significant part of his clinical work, and he is a frequent guest speaker in the Tampa Bay area. Dr. O’Brien previously worked as a continuing education provider for the Juvenile Welfare Board, and is currently a well-received speaker for PESI, training professionals primarily in the areas of child/adolescent mental health treatment and complex family issues. He served as associate professor at the Florida School of Professional Psychology from 2000 to 2016. While at the University, he developed a unique doctoral-level course, ‘Parent Consultation,’ designed for graduate students pursuing a concentration in child-family assessment and treatment. In 2015, Dr. O’Brien developed ‘Life@Home by Psychtouch.com,’ a first-of-its-kind clinical tool/app for obtaining a child’s perception of family life. He also serves as a media consultant for Spectrum Bay News 9, Tampa Bay’s 24-hour news source.
Financial: Steve O’Brien is in private practice. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Steve O’Brien is a member of the American Psychological Association; and the Florida Psychological Association.
Buy the 2-Day Growing Up Anxious -Treating Anxiety Disorders in a Generation Hyper-focused on Achievement, Technology & Safety – Steve O’Brien course at the best price at GBesy. After your purchase, you will get access to the downloads page. You can download all the files associated in your order at here and we will also send a download notification email via your mail.
Unlock your full potential with 2-Day Growing Up Anxious -Treating Anxiety Disorders in a Generation Hyper-focused on Achievement, Technology & Safety – Steve O’Brien courses. our courses are designed to help you excel.
Why wait? Take the first step towards greatness by purchasing 2-Day Growing Up Anxious -Treating Anxiety Disorders in a Generation Hyper-focused on Achievement, Technology & Safety – Steve O’Brien courses today. We offer a seamless and secure purchasing experience, ensuring your peace of mind. With our trusted payment gateways, Stripe and PayPal, you can confidently complete your transaction knowing that your financial information is protected.
Stripe, known for its robust security measures, provides a safe and reliable payment process. With its encrypted technology, your sensitive data remains confidential throughout the transaction. Rest assured that your purchase is protected.
PayPal, a globally recognized payment platform, offers an additional layer of security. With its buyer protection program, you can feel confident in your purchase. PayPal ensures that your financial details are safeguarded, allowing you to focus on your learning journey.
Is it secure? to Use of?
- Your identity is completely confidential. We do not share your information with anyone. So it is absolutely safe to buy the 2-Day Growing Up Anxious -Treating Anxiety Disorders in a Generation Hyper-focused on Achievement, Technology & Safety – Steve O’Brien course.
- 100% Safe Checkout Privateness coverage
- Communication and encryption of sensitive knowledge
- All card numbers are encrypted using AES at relaxation-256 and transmitting card numbers runs in a separate internet hosting atmosphere, and doesn’t share or save any data.
How can this course be delivered?
- After your successful payment this “2-Day Growing Up Anxious -Treating Anxiety Disorders in a Generation Hyper-focused on Achievement, Technology & Safety – Steve O’Brien course”, Most of the products will come to you immediately. But for some products were posted for offer. Please wait for our response, it might take a few hours due to the time zone difference.
- If this happens, please wait. The technical department will process the link shortly after. You will receive notifications directly by e-mail. We appreciate your wait.
What Shipping Methods Are Available?
- You will receive a download link in the invoice or YOUR ACCOUNT.
- The course link always exists. use your account to login and download the 2-Day Growing Up Anxious -Treating Anxiety Disorders in a Generation Hyper-focused on Achievement, Technology & Safety – Steve O’Brien course whenever you need.
- You only need to visit a single link, and you can get all the 2-Day Growing Up Anxious -Treating Anxiety Disorders in a Generation Hyper-focused on Achievement, Technology & Safety – Steve O’Brien course content at once.
- You can do your learning online. You can be downloaded for better results and can study anywhere on any device. Make sure your system does not sleep during the download.
How Do I Track Order?
- We always notice the status of your order immediately after your payment. After 7 days if there is no download link, the system will automatically complete your money.
- We love to hear from you. Please don’t hesitate to email us with any comments, questions and suggestions.