Acquire the 2-Day Intensive Thanatology Conference -Assessments & Interventions for Grief, Loss, & Mourning – Joy R. Samuels Course at at GBesy. We actively partake in Groupbuys, striving to disseminate knowledge to a wider audience. Notably, our courses uphold the same quality standards as those found on the sale page. Should you prefer, you have the option to make a direct purchase from the sale page at the full price (the SALEPAGE link is seamlessly integrated into the post).
2-Day Intensive Thanatology Conference -Assessments & Interventions for Grief, Loss, & Mourning by Joy R. Samuels,
Salepage link: At HERE. Archive:
- Joy R. Samuels
- 11 Hours 36 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Jan 25, 2018
Join Dr. Joy Samuels, DMin, LPC-MHSP, NCC, and Fellow in Thanatology, for this intensive and practical recording that will further prepare you to intervene with clients who are experiencing loss in its many forms. Dr. Samuels will utilize specific case studies to bring grief, loss, and mourning theory to the practical level of daily practice. She will specifically look at the intersection of personality, temperament, and grief responses from an individual and family systems perspective.
In the second half of the recording, grief reactions are addressed, and practical assessment and intervention strategies are identified to assist the person who is grieving cope with the loss. What constitutes ‘persistent complex bereavement disorder’ will be reviewed, as well as cultural responses and rituals in regard to the grieving process. Participants will increase their own self-awareness as to their loss experiences and grieving mechanisms and will further define the boundaries of their professional roles. Participants will leave with specific client- and family-centered interventions that can be used in practice.
|Presentation (2.34 MB)||Available after Purchase|
GRIEF, LOSS, AND MOURNING
IT’S ALL ABOUT THE FAMILY! HOW FAMILY SYSTEMS IMPACT GRIEF REACTIONS AND WHY IT MATTERS IN CLINICAL PRACTICE
- Family life cycle
- Identifying effective communication patterns to promote healthy boundaries
- Impact of illness trajectory
- Grief styles
- Epigenetics-do we inherit our grief reactions from our grandparents?
- Normative grief responses
- Impact of type of loss
- Family systems theory
- Gender issues
- Assessment of risk factors for complicated/prolonged grief
- Determining appropriateness of specific interventions
- Case Studies
- Developmental considerations and milestones related to loss reactions
- Early Adulthood
- Middle Adulthood
- Later Adulthood
- Parental Loss
- Child Loss
- Grief counseling throughout the lifespan
- Grief therapy interventions related to lifespan
- Loss, Grief, and Mourning
- Factors affecting experience of and expression of grief
- Impact on mourning practices
- Death anxiety
- Assessing and intervening with cultural competence
- Advanced care planning
- Meaning of death
EXCHANGE OF IDEAS LED BY DR. SAMUELS:
Network with other professionals to share interventions and assessments that have proven effective (and not effective) with clients who are dealing with a loss.
ASSESSMENTS, DIAGNOSIS, TREATMENT PLANNING, AND INTERVENTIONS
CONTEMPORARY PERSPECTIVES ON ASSESSMENTS AND INTERVENTIONS
- Current assessment models
- Current therapeutic strategies
- Controversy about efficacy of interventions
- Complicated grief
- Gender considerations
- Pathologizing of grief
RESOURCES AND RESEARCH
- Empirical research on current theories
- Research on effectiveness of assessments and interventions
- Practical resources for clinicians
- Which assessments are within your scope of practice?
- Professional liability and limitations
- Determining appropriate interventions in concert with evidence and client characteristics
- Professional responsibilities
JOY R. SAMUELS, D.MIN., LPC-MHSP, NCC, has over 25 years’ experience as a licensed professional counselor, Fellow in Thanatology, chaplain, and ordained minister. She teaches in the graduate clinical mental health psychology department at Lipscomb University and at Candler School of Theology at Emory University in the United Methodist Church Course of Studies. She maintains a private counseling practice and supervises those seeking licensure as a LPC-MHSP.
Dr. Samuels holds D. MIN. and MDIV. degrees from Wesley Theological Seminary, Washington, DC. Additionally, she holds an M.S. degree in counseling psychology from California State University, Northridge, CA, and a counseling certificate in substance abuse from the Northern Virginia Community College, Annadale, VA. Among her areas of expertise are individual, couples and family counseling, trauma and bereavement, and post-masters supervision.
Financial: Joy Samuels is in private practice. She is an adjunct faculty at Lipscomb University. Dr. Samuels receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Joy Samuels is a Fellow in Thanatology.
Buy the 2-Day Intensive Thanatology Conference -Assessments & Interventions for Grief, Loss, & Mourning – Joy R. Samuels course at the best price at GBesy. After your purchase, you will get access to the downloads page. You can download all the files associated in your order at here and we will also send a download notification email via your mail.
Unlock your full potential with 2-Day Intensive Thanatology Conference -Assessments & Interventions for Grief, Loss, & Mourning – Joy R. Samuels courses. our courses are designed to help you excel.
Why wait? Take the first step towards greatness by purchasing 2-Day Intensive Thanatology Conference -Assessments & Interventions for Grief, Loss, & Mourning – Joy R. Samuels courses today. We offer a seamless and secure purchasing experience, ensuring your peace of mind. With our trusted payment gateways, Stripe and PayPal, you can confidently complete your transaction knowing that your financial information is protected.
Stripe, known for its robust security measures, provides a safe and reliable payment process. With its encrypted technology, your sensitive data remains confidential throughout the transaction. Rest assured that your purchase is protected.
PayPal, a globally recognized payment platform, offers an additional layer of security. With its buyer protection program, you can feel confident in your purchase. PayPal ensures that your financial details are safeguarded, allowing you to focus on your learning journey.
Is it secure? to Use of?
- Your identity is completely confidential. We do not share your information with anyone. So it is absolutely safe to buy the 2-Day Intensive Thanatology Conference -Assessments & Interventions for Grief, Loss, & Mourning – Joy R. Samuels course.
- 100% Safe Checkout Privateness coverage
- Communication and encryption of sensitive knowledge
- All card numbers are encrypted using AES at relaxation-256 and transmitting card numbers runs in a separate internet hosting atmosphere, and doesn’t share or save any data.
How can this course be delivered?
- After your successful payment this “2-Day Intensive Thanatology Conference -Assessments & Interventions for Grief, Loss, & Mourning – Joy R. Samuels course”, Most of the products will come to you immediately. But for some products were posted for offer. Please wait for our response, it might take a few hours due to the time zone difference.
- If this happens, please wait. The technical department will process the link shortly after. You will receive notifications directly by e-mail. We appreciate your wait.
What Shipping Methods Are Available?
- You will receive a download link in the invoice or YOUR ACCOUNT.
- The course link always exists. use your account to login and download the 2-Day Intensive Thanatology Conference -Assessments & Interventions for Grief, Loss, & Mourning – Joy R. Samuels course whenever you need.
- You only need to visit a single link, and you can get all the 2-Day Intensive Thanatology Conference -Assessments & Interventions for Grief, Loss, & Mourning – Joy R. Samuels course content at once.
- You can do your learning online. You can be downloaded for better results and can study anywhere on any device. Make sure your system does not sleep during the download.
How Do I Track Order?
- We always notice the status of your order immediately after your payment. After 7 days if there is no download link, the system will automatically complete your money.
- We love to hear from you. Please don’t hesitate to email us with any comments, questions and suggestions.