Acquire the 2-Day Intensive Workshop -Treating Trauma in Intimate Relationships -Healing the Trauma Legacy in Couples Therapy – Janina Fisher Course at at GBesy. We actively partake in Groupbuys, striving to disseminate knowledge to a wider audience. Notably, our courses uphold the same quality standards as those found on the sale page. Should you prefer, you have the option to make a direct purchase from the sale page at the full price (the SALEPAGE link is seamlessly integrated into the post).
2-Day Intensive Workshop -Treating Trauma in Intimate Relationships -Healing the Trauma Legacy in Couples Therapy by Janina Fisher,
Salepage link: At HERE. Archive:
- Janina Fisher
- 11 Hours 23 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Feb 11, 2019
Even the most experienced therapist can be challenged when it comes to couples who are always at each other’s throats or in constant crisis! What do these couples have in common? They come with an unacknowledged legacy of childhood trauma or neglect.
Early childhood trauma has lasting and dramatic effects on attachment formation and on the later capacity for intimacy and mutuality. Instead of experiencing relationship as a haven of safety, traumatized couples are driven by powerful wishes and fears of closeness.
The enemy is not each other but the trauma.
In this transformational recording, learn from master clinician and trauma expert Janina Fisher, PhD. She will provide in-depth training on the impact of early neglect, attachment failure, and childhood trauma on couple relationships. Janina will help you master a variety of new approaches and methods that can transform your work with your most challenging couples. You’ll learn:
- How to address intense emotions and impulsive reactions that undermine the sense of safety and hope
- Strategies for working with couples in chronic conflict
- Mindfulness-based techniques for decreasing conflict and changing trauma-related patterns
- Sensorimotor psychotherapy techniques for getting to the emotions beyond words
- Externalizing techniques for increasing perspective
Through Janina’s expert insightful commentary, in-session videos of couples, case studies and examples, you’ll develop highly practical, evidence-based skills, and learn powerful assessment tools, case conceptualization techniques and proven clinical strategies that you can immediately apply in your practice.
|Manual – 2-Day Intensive Workshop: Treating Trauma in Intimate Relationships – Healing the Trauma Legacy in Couples Therapy (6.3 MB)||47 Pages||Available after Purchase|
Day 1 Program
The Effects of Early Relational Trauma: Emotional, Physiological, Relational
- What is a ‘trauma’?
- Single events versus enduring conditions
- Remembering with our emotions and our bodies
- Procedural or conditioned learning
- Effects on brain and body
Habitually-Learned Survival Responses Recreate the Sense of Threat
- Triggers and Triggering: stay prepared for danger
- Animal defense survival responses in human beings
- Effects of traumatic adaptation on relationships
The Danger of Closeness and the Threat of Distance
- How trauma-related patterns affect the capacity for intimacy
- Body and emotional memories re-create the sense of danger
- Chronic conflict as activation of animal defenses
- Why couples cannot process conflicts or tolerate empathy
Strategies for Working with Couples in Chronic Conflict
- Create neutral space in therapy sessions
- Provide psychoeducation about trauma
- Inhibit destructive patterns in the therapy session
- Practice of new patterns as ‘experiments’
Mindfulness-Based Techniques for Decreasing Conflict and Changing Trauma-Related Patterns
- Mindfulness-based awareness of the ‘play-by-play’
- Notice the effects of their actions on partner reactions
- Observe with curiosity: “Am I getting what I want this way? Is this working?”
Day 2 Program
Shift from “Processing” Issues to Changing Patterns of Response
- A repair model for psychotherapy in place of an insight model
- The therapist as referee rather than empathic listener
- Limits and boundaries on conflict in the therapy
- Limitations of the research and potential risks
Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Techniques for Getting to the Emotions Beyond Words
- Brief introduction to sensorimotor psychotherapy
- Teach couples somatic awareness and dialogue techniques
- Work with the body to decrease tension and ‘charge’ in the relationship
- Use movement and gesture as vehicles for communication
Externalizing Techniques for Increasing Perspective
- Externalizing techniques deter conflictual verbal exchange
- Diagram patterns of conflict
- Use diagramming to help couples take responsibility for their actions and reactions
- Connect to the wounded child in each partner
- Acknowledge the role of child selves in their conflicts
- Sooth and protect the hurt child self
- Increase self-compassion and compassion toward partner
Janina Fisher, Ph.D., is a licensed clinical psychologist and former instructor at The Trauma Center, a research and treatment center founded by Bessel van der Kolk. Known as an expert on the treatment of trauma, Dr. Fisher has also been treating individuals, couples and families since 1980.
She is past president of the New England Society for the Treatment of Trauma and Dissociation, an EMDR International Association Credit Provider, Assistant Educational Director of the Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute, and a former Instructor, Harvard Medical School. Dr. Fisher lectures and teaches nationally and internationally on topics related to the integration of the neurobiological research and newer trauma treatment paradigms into traditional therapeutic modalities.
She is co-author with Pat Ogden of Sensorimotor Psychotherapy: Interventions for Attachment and Trauma (2015) and author of Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors: Overcoming Internal Self-Alienation (2017) and the forthcoming book, Working with the Neurobiological Legacy of Trauma (in press).
Financial: Janina Fisher is in private practice. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Janina Fisher has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Buy the 2-Day Intensive Workshop -Treating Trauma in Intimate Relationships -Healing the Trauma Legacy in Couples Therapy – Janina Fisher course at the best price at GBesy. After your purchase, you will get access to the downloads page. You can download all the files associated in your order at here and we will also send a download notification email via your mail.
Unlock your full potential with 2-Day Intensive Workshop -Treating Trauma in Intimate Relationships -Healing the Trauma Legacy in Couples Therapy – Janina Fisher courses. our courses are designed to help you excel.
Why wait? Take the first step towards greatness by purchasing 2-Day Intensive Workshop -Treating Trauma in Intimate Relationships -Healing the Trauma Legacy in Couples Therapy – Janina Fisher courses today. We offer a seamless and secure purchasing experience, ensuring your peace of mind. With our trusted payment gateways, Stripe and PayPal, you can confidently complete your transaction knowing that your financial information is protected.
Stripe, known for its robust security measures, provides a safe and reliable payment process. With its encrypted technology, your sensitive data remains confidential throughout the transaction. Rest assured that your purchase is protected.
PayPal, a globally recognized payment platform, offers an additional layer of security. With its buyer protection program, you can feel confident in your purchase. PayPal ensures that your financial details are safeguarded, allowing you to focus on your learning journey.
Is it secure? to Use of?
- Your identity is completely confidential. We do not share your information with anyone. So it is absolutely safe to buy the 2-Day Intensive Workshop -Treating Trauma in Intimate Relationships -Healing the Trauma Legacy in Couples Therapy – Janina Fisher course.
- 100% Safe Checkout Privateness coverage
- Communication and encryption of sensitive knowledge
- All card numbers are encrypted using AES at relaxation-256 and transmitting card numbers runs in a separate internet hosting atmosphere, and doesn’t share or save any data.
How can this course be delivered?
- After your successful payment this “2-Day Intensive Workshop -Treating Trauma in Intimate Relationships -Healing the Trauma Legacy in Couples Therapy – Janina Fisher course”, Most of the products will come to you immediately. But for some products were posted for offer. Please wait for our response, it might take a few hours due to the time zone difference.
- If this happens, please wait. The technical department will process the link shortly after. You will receive notifications directly by e-mail. We appreciate your wait.
What Shipping Methods Are Available?
- You will receive a download link in the invoice or YOUR ACCOUNT.
- The course link always exists. use your account to login and download the 2-Day Intensive Workshop -Treating Trauma in Intimate Relationships -Healing the Trauma Legacy in Couples Therapy – Janina Fisher course whenever you need.
- You only need to visit a single link, and you can get all the 2-Day Intensive Workshop -Treating Trauma in Intimate Relationships -Healing the Trauma Legacy in Couples Therapy – Janina Fisher course content at once.
- You can do your learning online. You can be downloaded for better results and can study anywhere on any device. Make sure your system does not sleep during the download.
How Do I Track Order?
- We always notice the status of your order immediately after your payment. After 7 days if there is no download link, the system will automatically complete your money.
- We love to hear from you. Please don’t hesitate to email us with any comments, questions and suggestions.