Acquire the Addiction and Recovery Update 2020 -The Latest Clinical Takeaways from Neuroscience Research – Kevin McCauley Course at at GBesy. We actively partake in Groupbuys, striving to disseminate knowledge to a wider audience. Notably, our courses uphold the same quality standards as those found on the sale page. Should you prefer, you have the option to make a direct purchase from the sale page at the full price (the SALEPAGE link is seamlessly integrated into the post).
Addiction and Recovery Update 2020 -The Latest Clinical Takeaways from Neuroscience Research by Kevin McCauley,
Salepage link: At HERE. Archive:
- Kevin McCauley
- 1 Hour 50 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Sep 09, 2020
Research in neuroscience provides an evidence-based and comprehensive understanding of addiction that fits well with the experiences of people needing, seeking, and in recovery. There are several insightful and well-articulated arguments challenging the disease conceptualization of addiction, but two important areas of research – epigenetics and psychoneuroimmunology – greatly advance awareness of how environmental stress creates vulnerability to addiction.
This lecture reviews the most up-to-date science of addiction, the current arguments for and against addiction’s conceptualization as a disease, and how the principles of recovery management counter the pathophysiology of addiction and improve a recovering person’s chances of achieving long-term recovery.
|Manual – Addiction and Recovery Update 2020 (6.2 MB)||69 Pages||Available after Purchase|
I. Addiction: a disorder of reward learning, decision-making and self-awareness
- Definitions of Addiction
- The American Society of Addiction Medicine’s Definition of Addiction
- The DSM-5 Symptomology of Addiction (Substance Use Disorder)
- The Five Current, Leading Neuroscientific Explanations of Addiction
- Genetic Vulnerability (Blum)
- Incentive-Sensitization (Robinson and Berridge)
- Pathology of Memory and Learning (Kalivas)
- Stress-induced Allostasis (Koob and LeMoal)
- Pathology of Motivation and Choice (Volkow, Goldstein)
- The Debate about Addiction’s Definition as a Disease
II. Recent Advances in the Pathophysiology of Addiction
- Epigenetics: a new understanding of heritability of addiction & recovery
- The Overkalix Study and transgenerational trauma transmission
- Nicotine primes cocaine use (Kandel and Kandel)
- Psychoneuroimmunology: the Gut-Brain-Immune Loop
- Inflammation and Psychiatric Disorders
- The Role of Microglia in brain disease and repair
- Implications for the Disease Argument
III. Recovery Management: a Safety-based approach to sobriety
- Altering Health Disparities by Improving the Social Determinants of Health
- Professional Health Programs: What Makes a Good Aftercare Plan
- Treatment and “Recovery Literacy”
- Recovery Management Check-Ups
- Active Linkage to Recovery-Oriented System of Care (ROSC)
- Recovery Residences
- Peer-based Sobriety Support (Kelly, Kaskutas)
- Relapse Safety Planning
- Urine Drug Testing (Monitoring)
- Vocational Rehabilitation and The Collegiate Recovery Movement
- Addiction Medicine Specialists
- How Recovery Management informs Medication-Assisted Treatment
- “Hedonic Rehabilitation”
Kevin McCauley, MD is a Senior Fellow at Meadows Behavioral Healthcare. He first became interested in the treatment of substance use disorders while serving as a Naval Flight Surgeon where he observed the US Navy’s policy of treating addiction as a safety (not a moral) issue, returning treated pilots to flight status under careful monitoring. Dr. McCauley wrote and directed two films: Memo to Self, exploring the concepts of recovery management, and Pleasure Unwoven, on neuroscience of addiction. He won the 2010 Michael Q. Ford Award for Journalism from the National Association of Addiction Treatment Providers.
As a person in long-term recovery himself, Dr. McCauley is grateful for the many benefits he received to establish his sobriety and strives to make sure that people have access to the same benefits and opportunities. He is committed to understanding how addiction plays out in the lives of people from diverse races and different cultures, genders, and orientations, and hearing their unique perspectives of recovery. Although addiction can be a debilitating disease personally and spiritually, Dr. McCauley joins with his colleagues to treat people seeking sobriety with respect, preserve their dignity, and accompany them as they find their own path into recovery.
Financial: Kevin McCauley is director of program services at New Roads Treatment Center. He is the co-founder of the Institute for Addiction Study. Dr. McCauley receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Kevin McCauley is no relevant nonfinancial relationship to disclose.
Buy the Addiction and Recovery Update 2020 -The Latest Clinical Takeaways from Neuroscience Research – Kevin McCauley course at the best price at GBesy. After your purchase, you will get access to the downloads page. You can download all the files associated in your order at here and we will also send a download notification email via your mail.
Unlock your full potential with Addiction and Recovery Update 2020 -The Latest Clinical Takeaways from Neuroscience Research – Kevin McCauley courses. our courses are designed to help you excel.
Why wait? Take the first step towards greatness by purchasing Addiction and Recovery Update 2020 -The Latest Clinical Takeaways from Neuroscience Research – Kevin McCauley courses today. We offer a seamless and secure purchasing experience, ensuring your peace of mind. With our trusted payment gateways, Stripe and PayPal, you can confidently complete your transaction knowing that your financial information is protected.
Stripe, known for its robust security measures, provides a safe and reliable payment process. With its encrypted technology, your sensitive data remains confidential throughout the transaction. Rest assured that your purchase is protected.
PayPal, a globally recognized payment platform, offers an additional layer of security. With its buyer protection program, you can feel confident in your purchase. PayPal ensures that your financial details are safeguarded, allowing you to focus on your learning journey.
Is it secure? to Use of?
- Your identity is completely confidential. We do not share your information with anyone. So it is absolutely safe to buy the Addiction and Recovery Update 2020 -The Latest Clinical Takeaways from Neuroscience Research – Kevin McCauley course.
- 100% Safe Checkout Privateness coverage
- Communication and encryption of sensitive knowledge
- All card numbers are encrypted using AES at relaxation-256 and transmitting card numbers runs in a separate internet hosting atmosphere, and doesn’t share or save any data.
How can this course be delivered?
- After your successful payment this “Addiction and Recovery Update 2020 -The Latest Clinical Takeaways from Neuroscience Research – Kevin McCauley course”, Most of the products will come to you immediately. But for some products were posted for offer. Please wait for our response, it might take a few hours due to the time zone difference.
- If this happens, please wait. The technical department will process the link shortly after. You will receive notifications directly by e-mail. We appreciate your wait.
What Shipping Methods Are Available?
- You will receive a download link in the invoice or YOUR ACCOUNT.
- The course link always exists. use your account to login and download the Addiction and Recovery Update 2020 -The Latest Clinical Takeaways from Neuroscience Research – Kevin McCauley course whenever you need.
- You only need to visit a single link, and you can get all the Addiction and Recovery Update 2020 -The Latest Clinical Takeaways from Neuroscience Research – Kevin McCauley course content at once.
- You can do your learning online. You can be downloaded for better results and can study anywhere on any device. Make sure your system does not sleep during the download.
How Do I Track Order?
- We always notice the status of your order immediately after your payment. After 7 days if there is no download link, the system will automatically complete your money.
- We love to hear from you. Please don’t hesitate to email us with any comments, questions and suggestions.