Acquire the Bringing Trauma-Informed Yoga into Mental Health Clinical Practice – Debra Alvis Course at at GBesy. We actively partake in Groupbuys, striving to disseminate knowledge to a wider audience. Notably, our courses uphold the same quality standards as those found on the sale page. Should you prefer, you have the option to make a direct purchase from the sale page at the full price (the SALEPAGE link is seamlessly integrated into the post).
Bringing Trauma-Informed Yoga into Mental Health Clinical Practice by Debra Alvis,
Salepage link: At HERE. Archive:
- Debra Alvis
- 6 Hours 8 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Jun 15, 2018
Watch this state-of-the-art workshop and discover yoga-based interventions to regulate the autonomic nervous system and learn exactly how to incorporate these interventions into your psychotherapy session.
Watch Debra Premashakti Alvis, Ph.D., RYT, in an in-depth training on the principles and practices of trauma-informed yoga, with a special focus on chair yoga postures, yogic breathing exercises, and yoga nidra, the yogic sleep. She is one of the first practitioners to combine yoga with the wisdom of neuroscience and techniques from somatic psychology into a personalized approach for bringing yoga into the session, groups, and yoga classes. The focus of this work is on regulating the client’s autonomic nervous system as the groundwork for trauma healing.
Debra trained with Dr. Bessel van der Kolk’s The Trauma Center in Boston and will share transformational skills for you and your clients. Learn first-hand why organizations as diverse as the U.S. Army and the U.S prison system have embraced yoga as an evidence based approach to treat post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety and depression.
Through lecture, experiential exercises, video clips, and case studies, you will leave with the background and tools you need to add trauma-informed yogic interventions to whatever style of therapy you currently practice
Discover how trauma-informed yoga can improve your clinical outcomes!
|Manual (4.78 MB)||55 Pages||Available after Purchase|
The Yoga Tradition and Neuropsychology
- Yoga, Patanjali and MIR’s
- The importance of heart rate variability (HRV)
- The Triune Brain: left out of traditional psychotherapy?
- Regulating the brain’s trauma center
- Tracking body sensation and breathing deeply
- A frame of reference from Somatic Psychotherapy
- Neuroplasticity and interpersonal neurobiology
Apply Trauma-Informed Yoga Postures in the Psychotherapy Session for PTSD, Anxiety and Depression
- The evidence in evidence-based yoga practice
- Yoga and polarities
- Guided script for chair yoga:
- 5 trauma-informed chair yoga postures
- Guiding and integrating the poses into your existing treatment modality (EMDR, Somatic Experiencing, etc.)
- Chair trauma-yoga:
- Tracking body sensation
- Gaining self-mastery
- Increasing self-regulation
- Expanding present-moment awareness
- Experience a chair yoga warm up and posture sequence
Yoga and the Breath
- Respiration and the autonomic nervous system (ANS)
- Breathing techniques to regulate the ANS and calm symptoms of trauma, anxiety and depression
- Experience the three-part deep breath and script
Structure of the Embodied Psychotherapy Session or Group
- Evaluating the client
- Opening the session
- Healing polarities:
- Sympathetic/parasympathetic activation
- Healthy symptoms of trauma discharge
- Key points in making referrals to yoga classes
Therapeutic Value of Yoga Nidra (Yogic Sleep)
- The benefits of sleeping while awake
- Varieties of Yoga Nidra
- Guided experience of Satchidananda’s Yoga Nidra
- Discussion of Yoga Nidra script
- The relaxation response
- Mindfulness meditation: open-focused meditation
- A guided experience of both styles of meditation
- The benefits of meditation in the trauma psychotherapy session
Debra Alvis, Ph.D., is a licensed psychologist, professor, and workplace wellness consultant whose trainings to address compassion fatigue have helped healthcare and mental health professionals around the country, including the medical staff at a flagship state university health center.
Over the last 20 years Dr. Alvis has designed individualized and group programs to promote stress hardiness, work-life balance, and resiliency for nurses, physicians, social workers, counselors, and others working in jobs with excessive demands on their empathy. Her work in a range of medical and mental health settings provides her with a keen understanding of these demands and the potential impact on professionals across disciplines.
Dr. Alvis also developed and led the Mind/Body Program at the University of Georgia that specializes in addressing anxiety, stress, and depression in individuals with physical health concerns and co-morbid mental health issues.
Dr. Alvis lectures, leads retreats around the world, and maintains a private practice in Georgia where she treats clients with anxiety, trauma, shame, depression and relational concerns. She continues to serve as a professor at the University of Georgia where she supervises the clinical work of doctoral students, teaches health psychology, and co-leads a research team.
Financial: Debra Alvis is in private practice. Dr. Alvis receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Debra Alvis has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Buy the Bringing Trauma-Informed Yoga into Mental Health Clinical Practice – Debra Alvis course at the best price at GBesy. After your purchase, you will get access to the downloads page. You can download all the files associated in your order at here and we will also send a download notification email via your mail.
Unlock your full potential with Bringing Trauma-Informed Yoga into Mental Health Clinical Practice – Debra Alvis courses. our courses are designed to help you excel.
Why wait? Take the first step towards greatness by purchasing Bringing Trauma-Informed Yoga into Mental Health Clinical Practice – Debra Alvis courses today. We offer a seamless and secure purchasing experience, ensuring your peace of mind. With our trusted payment gateways, Stripe and PayPal, you can confidently complete your transaction knowing that your financial information is protected.
Stripe, known for its robust security measures, provides a safe and reliable payment process. With its encrypted technology, your sensitive data remains confidential throughout the transaction. Rest assured that your purchase is protected.
PayPal, a globally recognized payment platform, offers an additional layer of security. With its buyer protection program, you can feel confident in your purchase. PayPal ensures that your financial details are safeguarded, allowing you to focus on your learning journey.
Is it secure? to Use of?
- Your identity is completely confidential. We do not share your information with anyone. So it is absolutely safe to buy the Bringing Trauma-Informed Yoga into Mental Health Clinical Practice – Debra Alvis course.
- 100% Safe Checkout Privateness coverage
- Communication and encryption of sensitive knowledge
- All card numbers are encrypted using AES at relaxation-256 and transmitting card numbers runs in a separate internet hosting atmosphere, and doesn’t share or save any data.
How can this course be delivered?
- After your successful payment this “Bringing Trauma-Informed Yoga into Mental Health Clinical Practice – Debra Alvis course”, Most of the products will come to you immediately. But for some products were posted for offer. Please wait for our response, it might take a few hours due to the time zone difference.
- If this happens, please wait. The technical department will process the link shortly after. You will receive notifications directly by e-mail. We appreciate your wait.
What Shipping Methods Are Available?
- You will receive a download link in the invoice or YOUR ACCOUNT.
- The course link always exists. use your account to login and download the Bringing Trauma-Informed Yoga into Mental Health Clinical Practice – Debra Alvis course whenever you need.
- You only need to visit a single link, and you can get all the Bringing Trauma-Informed Yoga into Mental Health Clinical Practice – Debra Alvis course content at once.
- You can do your learning online. You can be downloaded for better results and can study anywhere on any device. Make sure your system does not sleep during the download.
How Do I Track Order?
- We always notice the status of your order immediately after your payment. After 7 days if there is no download link, the system will automatically complete your money.
- We love to hear from you. Please don’t hesitate to email us with any comments, questions and suggestions.