Acquire the Integrated Chronic Pain Management -Mental Health Interventions that Counteract Opiate Addiction – Robert Umlauf Course at at GBesy. We actively partake in Groupbuys, striving to disseminate knowledge to a wider audience. Notably, our courses uphold the same quality standards as those found on the sale page. Should you prefer, you have the option to make a direct purchase from the sale page at the full price (the SALEPAGE link is seamlessly integrated into the post).
Integrated Chronic Pain Management -Mental Health Interventions that Counteract Opiate Addiction by Robert Umlauf,
Salepage link: At HERE. Archive:
- Robert Umlauf
- 5 Hours 48 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Nov 08, 2017
Pain Management is a Key Battleground in the 21st Century Opioid Epidemic
A history of mental illness and/or substance abuse are high risk factors for opioid addiction, so the clients we see in our practices every day are more susceptible to the dangerous trap of opioid dependency. With reports of opioid related addictions and deaths on the rise, doctors and their patients are actively searching for alternative ways to manage pain. Due to our training in the assessment and treatment of mental illnesses and addictions, behavioral health professionals are uniquely poised to battle opioid addiction by helping clients learn to manage their chronic pain without pills. However, many of us feel that we don’t have the training or current information to face the very real challenges of treating clients who are experiencing chronic pain.
With over 30 years of practical experience in the treatment of physical pain, Dr. Robert Umlauf prepares you for effective practice with clients who are at risk of, or already in, the trap of opioid addiction. He will help you expand your assessment abilities to include the neurophysiological, cognitive, emotional, and behavioral factors involved in the development of chronic pain syndrome. You will learn to use specific self-regulation and behavioral activation skills that can help any client manage pain better. Dr. Umlauf will also present new medical research, alternative medicines, the impact of diet and nutrition, and effective evidence-based treatments. He employs highly interactive, hands-on experiences in teaching multidisciplinary approaches to pain management.
|Manual – Integrated Chronic Pain Management (5.59 MB)||58 Pages||Available after Purchase|
CHRONIC PAIN: NEUROPHYSIOLOGICAL FACTORS, EXPERIENCES, AND PAIN BEHAVIORS
- How time from onset and type of pain play a role
- Pain Egg and nociception
- Psychophysiology of pain as a PERCEPTION
- Smoke Alarm metaphor: acute vs. chronic pain
- Autonomic systems and power of retraining
- Pain vs. Suffering
- Historical predictors of developing chronic pain syndromes
OPIATE USE IN THE USA
- Pain Clinic History and shift towards increase in opiate prescribing
- What influences the drive toward increased prescribing?
- CDC Guidelines on opioid prescribing
- Opiate overdose deaths and addiction
- Screening tools for opiate abuse potential
PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSESSMENT IN PAIN POPULATIONS INCLUDING DIFFERENTIAL DIAGNOSES: LIMITS AND CONCERNS
- Use of tests and their limits
- Additional tests
- Intake interview components
- Primary Care coordination: strategy for collaboration with other professionals
- Tools to assess and treat mental processes that exacerbate pain
INTERVENTIONS: TALK THERAPY IS NOT ENOUGH- PAIN PATIENTS NEED SKILLS
- Manage mood and set goals by adapting:
- Other therapies
- Educate: “Harm Alarm” retrain perceptions
- Self-regulation: including mindfulness
- Biofeedback: simple techniques ANYONE can use
- Cognitive reframes for Pain Management
- PACE: including behavioral monitor and tracking scales for self-regulation
- Motivational Interviewing: adaptations for chronic pain treatment
- Heal the past: Sarno’s model
- Behavioral tools
- Sleep hygiene
- Sleep restriction
- Environmental factors
- Apps for Pain Management
- Alternative/Integrative Medicine
- Recent medical advances in pain treatment
- Psychotropics and antidepressants
- SNRI’s: first line
- Low-dose TCA’s and sleep: be careful!
- Avoid the Benzo’s!
- Nutrition, Diet and Supplements: evidence-based suggestions
- Acupuncture: NIH consensus conference data
- Provider skill is a major factor in outcomes
- MRI data and common pathways for healing
- Hands-on Options
- Physical Therapy, Exercise and Rehabilitation
- Chiropractic, Osteopathy and Manipulation therapies
- Massage, Deep Tissue therapies
- Other modalities: Rolfing, Craniosacral, Myofascial Release, Dry needle, etc.
INCORPORATE NEW SKILLS
- Self-regulation exercises
- Biofeedback lab
- Challenge that catastrophic pain belief
Robert Umlauf, PhD, ABPP, is a licensed clinical psychologist with advanced board certification in rehabilitation psychology. He has over 30 years of direct clinical experience working with clients with chronic pain and has also worked in a wide variety of medical/rehabilitation settings. In addition, Dr. Umlauf has experience working with people who have addictions and is passionate about teaching skills to people living with chronic pain so they can avoid the trap of opiate abuse.
Dr. Umlauf is in private practice and consultation, with a specialty in health/wellness, pain management, and lifestyle adaptation to maximize well-being. He has been on the faculty at the University of Washington, University of California San Diego, and Georgetown University, and has published dozens of peer-reviewed articles, professional presentations, workshops, and book chapters. Dr. Umlauf earned his MA and PhD in clinical psychology from the University of Missouri-Columbia and his BS in psychology from the University of Washington.
Financial: Robert Umlauf is in private practice. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Robert Umlauf has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Buy the Integrated Chronic Pain Management -Mental Health Interventions that Counteract Opiate Addiction – Robert Umlauf course at the best price at GBesy. After your purchase, you will get access to the downloads page. You can download all the files associated in your order at here and we will also send a download notification email via your mail.
Unlock your full potential with Integrated Chronic Pain Management -Mental Health Interventions that Counteract Opiate Addiction – Robert Umlauf courses. our courses are designed to help you excel.
Why wait? Take the first step towards greatness by purchasing Integrated Chronic Pain Management -Mental Health Interventions that Counteract Opiate Addiction – Robert Umlauf courses today. We offer a seamless and secure purchasing experience, ensuring your peace of mind. With our trusted payment gateways, Stripe and PayPal, you can confidently complete your transaction knowing that your financial information is protected.
Stripe, known for its robust security measures, provides a safe and reliable payment process. With its encrypted technology, your sensitive data remains confidential throughout the transaction. Rest assured that your purchase is protected.
PayPal, a globally recognized payment platform, offers an additional layer of security. With its buyer protection program, you can feel confident in your purchase. PayPal ensures that your financial details are safeguarded, allowing you to focus on your learning journey.
Is it secure? to Use of?
- Your identity is completely confidential. We do not share your information with anyone. So it is absolutely safe to buy the Integrated Chronic Pain Management -Mental Health Interventions that Counteract Opiate Addiction – Robert Umlauf course.
- 100% Safe Checkout Privateness coverage
- Communication and encryption of sensitive knowledge
- All card numbers are encrypted using AES at relaxation-256 and transmitting card numbers runs in a separate internet hosting atmosphere, and doesn’t share or save any data.
How can this course be delivered?
- After your successful payment this “Integrated Chronic Pain Management -Mental Health Interventions that Counteract Opiate Addiction – Robert Umlauf course”, Most of the products will come to you immediately. But for some products were posted for offer. Please wait for our response, it might take a few hours due to the time zone difference.
- If this happens, please wait. The technical department will process the link shortly after. You will receive notifications directly by e-mail. We appreciate your wait.
What Shipping Methods Are Available?
- You will receive a download link in the invoice or YOUR ACCOUNT.
- The course link always exists. use your account to login and download the Integrated Chronic Pain Management -Mental Health Interventions that Counteract Opiate Addiction – Robert Umlauf course whenever you need.
- You only need to visit a single link, and you can get all the Integrated Chronic Pain Management -Mental Health Interventions that Counteract Opiate Addiction – Robert Umlauf course content at once.
- You can do your learning online. You can be downloaded for better results and can study anywhere on any device. Make sure your system does not sleep during the download.
How Do I Track Order?
- We always notice the status of your order immediately after your payment. After 7 days if there is no download link, the system will automatically complete your money.
- We love to hear from you. Please don’t hesitate to email us with any comments, questions and suggestions.