Acquire the Legal and Regulatory Issues in Wound Care -Avoid Wound Issues and Keep Yourself Out of Court – Heidi Huddleston Cross Course at at GBesy. We actively partake in Groupbuys, striving to disseminate knowledge to a wider audience. Notably, our courses uphold the same quality standards as those found on the sale page. Should you prefer, you have the option to make a direct purchase from the sale page at the full price (the SALEPAGE link is seamlessly integrated into the post).
Legal and Regulatory Issues in Wound Care -Avoid Wound Issues and Keep Yourself Out of Court by Heidi Huddleston Cross,
Salepage link: At HERE. Archive:
- Heidi Huddleston Cross
- Full Day
- Audio and Video
- Oct 18, 2016
Lawsuits related to wounds, and especially pressure ulcers, are increasingly common in both acute and long-term care settings, with judgments as high as $312 million in a single case. It can be terrifying to be notified that your facility has been sued, and even more so if you personally are named in a lawsuit. What can you and your facility do to protect yourselves? What do you need to know to ensure that you are meeting standards related to wound care? What assessments and documentations are necessary to stay out of court? What regulations and statutes do you need to be aware of? What measures can you take to make certain that you have the most legally-defensible wound care program?
Wound care gone badly is one of the most prevalent themes in healthcare today, in addition to being very costly. This course will provide many of the answers to help keep patients from suing, keep lawyers and regulatory bodies at bay, and hopefully keep you and your facility out of court.
|Webcast Manual (7.17 MB)||109 Pages||Available after Purchase|
- Basics of the U.S. legal system
- Why do people sue?
- Chronic wounds (especially pressure ulcers) – why are they such a hot topic?
- Definition of adverse events
- Standards of Care – where do we find them?
- The economic, professional, and personal impacts of litigation
Regulatory Issues and How They Affect Your Wound Care Practice
- Federal statutes and regulations
- Hospital Acquired Conditions and Never Events – can we really always avoid them?
- Those dreaded Department of Health and Joint Commission surveys
- Code of Federal Regulations – Requirements for Long-Term Care Facilities
- State Practice Acts and practicing within your scope
- Risk assessment
- Patient assessment
- Wound assessment
- Nutrition assessment
- Mobility assessment
Legally Defensible Documentation
- What MUST be in the record to effectively defend yourself and your institution
- The 5 Cs of effective documentation
- Pitfalls to avoid
- Electronic Health Records: a boon or a bust when it comes to wound documentation?
- With the patient
- With the family
- With the physician
- Multidisciplinary involvement and communication
Sticky Situations in Wound Care: Helpful Hints to Minimize Your Legal Risk
- Pain management – Avoiding a “Pain and suffering” allegation
- Nutritional allegations – Delay or failure to provide appropriate nutritional interventions
- Policies and procedures – can make or break your defense
- Staffing levels and competency
- Wound photography – pro’s and con’s and guidelines
- Malpractice insurance – is it necessary for nurses?
Issues with Select Types of Wounds
- Pressure ulcers – avoidable versus unavoidable
- Arterial ulcers
- Diabetic ulcers
- Know the etiology: dangers in failing to correctly diagnose and treat
You Make The Call
- Case studies and scenarios
Heidi H. Cross, MSN, RN, FNP-BC, CWON, is a board-certified Wound and Ostomy Nurse and a board-certified Family Nurse Practitioner in Syracuse, NY. She has extensive experience caring for wound and ostomy patients in acute care, as well as in long term care facilities. Currently, she is employed by CNY Surgical Physicians consulting for nursing homes in the Syracuse area, and has her own independent practice as an expert witness for plaintiff and defense attorneys.
Ms. Cross is a member of the Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society, the Association for the Advancement of Wound Care, and the American Nurses Association. She has served on numerous committees related to wound and ostomy care, including as chair of the Wound Ostomy and Continence Nursing Certification Board examination committee, the credential and review committee, and the marketing committee. For the Wound and Ostomy Nurses Society, she is the co-chair of the National Conference Planning Committee ostomy track, has done peer review for the Journal of Wound Ostomy and Continence Nursing (JWOCN), and was the recipient of a grant from the Center for Clinical Investigation Research. She participated in developing the National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel’s Clinical Practice Guidelines for Prevention and Treatment of Pressure Ulcers in 2014.
Financial: Heidi Huddleston Cross receives an honorarium and consulting fee from Molnlycke. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Nonfinancial: Heidi Huddleston Cross is a member of the Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses (WOCN) Society.
Buy the Legal and Regulatory Issues in Wound Care -Avoid Wound Issues and Keep Yourself Out of Court – Heidi Huddleston Cross course at the best price at GBesy. After your purchase, you will get access to the downloads page. You can download all the files associated in your order at here and we will also send a download notification email via your mail.
Unlock your full potential with Legal and Regulatory Issues in Wound Care -Avoid Wound Issues and Keep Yourself Out of Court – Heidi Huddleston Cross courses. our courses are designed to help you excel.
Why wait? Take the first step towards greatness by purchasing Legal and Regulatory Issues in Wound Care -Avoid Wound Issues and Keep Yourself Out of Court – Heidi Huddleston Cross courses today. We offer a seamless and secure purchasing experience, ensuring your peace of mind. With our trusted payment gateways, Stripe and PayPal, you can confidently complete your transaction knowing that your financial information is protected.
Stripe, known for its robust security measures, provides a safe and reliable payment process. With its encrypted technology, your sensitive data remains confidential throughout the transaction. Rest assured that your purchase is protected.
PayPal, a globally recognized payment platform, offers an additional layer of security. With its buyer protection program, you can feel confident in your purchase. PayPal ensures that your financial details are safeguarded, allowing you to focus on your learning journey.
Is it secure? to Use of?
- Your identity is completely confidential. We do not share your information with anyone. So it is absolutely safe to buy the Legal and Regulatory Issues in Wound Care -Avoid Wound Issues and Keep Yourself Out of Court – Heidi Huddleston Cross course.
- 100% Safe Checkout Privateness coverage
- Communication and encryption of sensitive knowledge
- All card numbers are encrypted using AES at relaxation-256 and transmitting card numbers runs in a separate internet hosting atmosphere, and doesn’t share or save any data.
How can this course be delivered?
- After your successful payment this “Legal and Regulatory Issues in Wound Care -Avoid Wound Issues and Keep Yourself Out of Court – Heidi Huddleston Cross course”, Most of the products will come to you immediately. But for some products were posted for offer. Please wait for our response, it might take a few hours due to the time zone difference.
- If this happens, please wait. The technical department will process the link shortly after. You will receive notifications directly by e-mail. We appreciate your wait.
What Shipping Methods Are Available?
- You will receive a download link in the invoice or YOUR ACCOUNT.
- The course link always exists. use your account to login and download the Legal and Regulatory Issues in Wound Care -Avoid Wound Issues and Keep Yourself Out of Court – Heidi Huddleston Cross course whenever you need.
- You only need to visit a single link, and you can get all the Legal and Regulatory Issues in Wound Care -Avoid Wound Issues and Keep Yourself Out of Court – Heidi Huddleston Cross course content at once.
- You can do your learning online. You can be downloaded for better results and can study anywhere on any device. Make sure your system does not sleep during the download.
How Do I Track Order?
- We always notice the status of your order immediately after your payment. After 7 days if there is no download link, the system will automatically complete your money.
- We love to hear from you. Please don’t hesitate to email us with any comments, questions and suggestions.