Acquire the Mental Health Issues in the Classroom -Practical Strategies for Helping Children and Adolescents Succeed – Jay Berk Course at at GBesy. We actively partake in Groupbuys, striving to disseminate knowledge to a wider audience. Notably, our courses uphold the same quality standards as those found on the sale page. Should you prefer, you have the option to make a direct purchase from the sale page at the full price (the SALEPAGE link is seamlessly integrated into the post).
Mental Health Issues in the Classroom -Practical Strategies for Helping Children and Adolescents Succeed by Jay Berk,
Salepage link: At HERE. Archive:
- Jay Berk
- 6 Hours 29 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- May 06, 2020
Child/adolescent behavior expert, Jay Berk, PhD, will help you learn how to best manage the students at your school diagnosed with Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), mood disorders, anxiety and depression. You will walk away with concrete, yet practical, strategies to successfully intervene with their serious behavioral issues, such as:
- Anger and outbursts
- Cutting and self-injury
- Sensory issues
- Meltdowns and tantrums
- Obsessive compulsive
- Electronic addiction
Through case studies, video clips, and dynamic class discussion you will learn:
- 30 second teacher strategies to manage challenging and disruptive behaviors
- New ways to reduce the costs of out-of-district placements
- How to engage students in class, increase productivity and reduce truancy
- Behavioral assessments and strategies for the IEP team
- Side-effects of common psychotropic medications
- How skill deficits from mental health conditions create behavioral difficulties
- Characteristics of at-risk students’ mental health problems
- Strategies to gain collaboration with clinicians
Leave this recording with the “magic dust” you have been looking for to expedite rapid and effective changes in these children and adolescents!
|Manual – Mental Health Issues in the Classroom (0.97 MB)||60 Pages||Available after Purchase|
|Illinois Educators Self-Study Instructions (28.5 KB)||Available after Purchase|
|Illinois Educators Evaluation Form (1.2 MB)||Available after Purchase|
Students with Mental Health Issues
- Characteristics of at-risk students’ mental health problems
- Mental health issues vs. intentionally disruptive behaviors
- How skill deficits from mental health issues create behavioral difficulties
Strategies for ODD and Conduct Disorder Behaviors
- Choices everyone can live with
- What adults should never say, but usually do
- Arguments with defiant kids
- Getting to the core issues of ODD
- Kids who don’t feel bad
- School-wide management program
Strategies for ADHD
- Decrease impulsive behaviors with what YOU do
- Drawing out the behaviors you want
- Decrease disruption to other students
- Know the accompanying behaviors
- Techniques to self-regulate
Strategies for ASD
- It’s all about social skills growth
- Sensory solutions
- Self-regulation techniques for ASD
- Most misinterpreted behaviors
- Manage high interest areas
- Move them past “kid cop” behaviors
Strategies for Anxiety
- What to do about separation anxiety
- Help their panic attack pass quickly
- School phobia … not always a fear of school
- Compromises that work
- Deep breathing and relaxation techniques
Strategies for Depression
- School-wide program to promote compassions and a supportive culture
- Getting them past their sense of helplessness
- When they think they have nothing to live for
- Goal oriented plans for schoolwork and school day
Strategies for Other Challenging Behaviors
- Cutting and self-injury: What you really need to know to effectively intervene
- Electronic addiction: Which kids are most susceptible and why
- Psychotropic medication side-effects vs. behavioral issues
- Electronic bullying: What adults tell kids that fuels the problem
Disciplining the Special Needs Child/Adolescent
- How IDEA relates to discipline
- Rules for disciplining special education students
- Techniques for positive behavior support
- ”Pro-social” punishments
Strategies for the IEP Team
- Functional behavioral assessment simplified
- Facts and data to make tactical decisions
- Effective collaboration among educators and clinicians
- What most administrators do that burn out their staff
- What to do about non cooperative/reluctant parents
Jay Berk, Ph.D., is a licensed clinical psychologist and an internationally recognized expert in the child/adolescent behavioral field who brings both a clinical and education perspective to his work with children, adolescents and their families. For over 25 years, Dr. Berk has been treating clients with ODD, ADHD, autism, anxiety and stress, depression, learning disabilities, Tourette’s Syndrome and individuals who have multiple impairments. He conducts 15 social skills/mental health groups for children and adolescents and works daily with school and community professionals, families and parents. Dr. Berk continually consults for several school districts. In his private practice, in Beachwood, Ohio, he provides therapy for children, adolescents, families, testing and evaluation, school consultation as well as an alternative educational program.
Dr. Berk presents nationally on the topics of autism, disruptive behavior disorders, mental health issues in the classroom, ODD and social skills competency. In his workshops, he teaches professionals who work with children and adolescents, practical treatment and intervention strategies. He has been invited to present at hundreds of schools and conferences including being a repeated consultant to the Department of Education in Hawaii. As a past consultant to the United Nations, Dr. Berk authored a manual for UNICEF that was used by teachers working with children throughout Bosnia during the war. He has also worked in London, England with defiant teenagers; Kristiansand, Norway with traumatized youth; and the American Red Cross with trauma response.
Financial: Dr. Jay Berk maintains a private practice. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Dr. Jay Berk is a member of the American Psychological Association.
Buy the Mental Health Issues in the Classroom -Practical Strategies for Helping Children and Adolescents Succeed – Jay Berk course at the best price at GBesy. After your purchase, you will get access to the downloads page. You can download all the files associated in your order at here and we will also send a download notification email via your mail.
Unlock your full potential with Mental Health Issues in the Classroom -Practical Strategies for Helping Children and Adolescents Succeed – Jay Berk courses. our courses are designed to help you excel.
Why wait? Take the first step towards greatness by purchasing Mental Health Issues in the Classroom -Practical Strategies for Helping Children and Adolescents Succeed – Jay Berk courses today. We offer a seamless and secure purchasing experience, ensuring your peace of mind. With our trusted payment gateways, Stripe and PayPal, you can confidently complete your transaction knowing that your financial information is protected.
Stripe, known for its robust security measures, provides a safe and reliable payment process. With its encrypted technology, your sensitive data remains confidential throughout the transaction. Rest assured that your purchase is protected.
PayPal, a globally recognized payment platform, offers an additional layer of security. With its buyer protection program, you can feel confident in your purchase. PayPal ensures that your financial details are safeguarded, allowing you to focus on your learning journey.
Is it secure? to Use of?
- Your identity is completely confidential. We do not share your information with anyone. So it is absolutely safe to buy the Mental Health Issues in the Classroom -Practical Strategies for Helping Children and Adolescents Succeed – Jay Berk course.
- 100% Safe Checkout Privateness coverage
- Communication and encryption of sensitive knowledge
- All card numbers are encrypted using AES at relaxation-256 and transmitting card numbers runs in a separate internet hosting atmosphere, and doesn’t share or save any data.
How can this course be delivered?
- After your successful payment this “Mental Health Issues in the Classroom -Practical Strategies for Helping Children and Adolescents Succeed – Jay Berk course”, Most of the products will come to you immediately. But for some products were posted for offer. Please wait for our response, it might take a few hours due to the time zone difference.
- If this happens, please wait. The technical department will process the link shortly after. You will receive notifications directly by e-mail. We appreciate your wait.
What Shipping Methods Are Available?
- You will receive a download link in the invoice or YOUR ACCOUNT.
- The course link always exists. use your account to login and download the Mental Health Issues in the Classroom -Practical Strategies for Helping Children and Adolescents Succeed – Jay Berk course whenever you need.
- You only need to visit a single link, and you can get all the Mental Health Issues in the Classroom -Practical Strategies for Helping Children and Adolescents Succeed – Jay Berk course content at once.
- You can do your learning online. You can be downloaded for better results and can study anywhere on any device. Make sure your system does not sleep during the download.
How Do I Track Order?
- We always notice the status of your order immediately after your payment. After 7 days if there is no download link, the system will automatically complete your money.
- We love to hear from you. Please don’t hesitate to email us with any comments, questions and suggestions.