Acquire the Pediatric Complex Feeding Issues-2-Day Intensive Training – Jessica Hunt Course at at GBesy. We actively partake in Groupbuys, striving to disseminate knowledge to a wider audience. Notably, our courses uphold the same quality standards as those found on the sale page. Should you prefer, you have the option to make a direct purchase from the sale page at the full price (the SALEPAGE link is seamlessly integrated into the post).
Pediatric Complex Feeding Issues-2-Day Intensive Training by Jessica Hunt,
Salepage link: At HERE. Archive:
- Jessica Hunt
- 12 Hours 39 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Oct 17, 2019
Children do not present with one area of difficulty when it comes to feeding – it is typically a mix of behavior, sensory and oral-motor issues. As a result, we need to learn how to adjust on the fly when a child throws us a curveball in a session that doesn’t fit with our treatment plan.
In this recording, I will show you how to use a roadmap to navigate the muddy waters of feeding and learn how to seamlessly move between sensory, motor and behavior strategies to create the best-individualized treatment plan for each child.
Through video case examples, I will show you treatment strategies, and hands-on exercises to gain the knowledge needed to successfully treat feeding difficulties.
You’ll walk away with advanced techniques to:
- Evaluate the causes of mealtime difficulties: behavior, sensory, oral motor, or a combination
- Increase the range of foods, decrease rigidity around mealtimes
- Increase jaw strength and decrease ineffective lip closure, or poor tongue lateralization
- Use deep breathing and proprioceptive input to address self-regulation at the table
- Educate parents and caregivers to promote carryover at home
- Increase self-regulation around feeding
- Increase food play and exploration to increase food acceptance
Don’t miss out! Learn how to put all the pieces together for children with complex feeding issues.
|Manual – Pediatric Complex Feeding Issues (20.9 MB)||127 Pages||Available after Purchase|
|Instructions for ASHA Credit – SELF STUDY ONLY – 10/17&18/19 (38.5 KB)||Available after Purchase|
The Complexities of Feeding
- Definition and prevalence – new information; move toward Pediatric Feeding Disorder
- Overlap of sensory processing skills, oral motor skills and behaviors
- Normal developmental key points
- Neurological foundations
- Trauma, feeding and impact on brain
- NICU and medical trauma, NG Tubes, trachotmesty, etc.
- Negative experience around feeding gagging, retching, pain with eating …
Evaluation of Feeding Skills
- Differentiate between sensory overload and behaviors during feeding
- Activity analysis of feeding – Evaluation videos and group analysis
- Information obtained – what questions to ask
- Oral motor evaluation – jaw, lips, tongue strength; range of motion for feeding
- Hands-on draw to learn lab
Sensory Integration Strategies
- Research-backed sensory play-based approach
- Decrease sensory over-responsivity to foods
- Use food exploration/cooking for older kids
- Self-regulation to engage body during feeding
- Core engagement
- Breathing exercises
- Therapeutic use of music
- Heavy work
Oral Motor Skills
- Lab – Oral motor exercises, kineseotaping, stretching
- Children who don’t swallow safely – saliva management, increase swallowing …
Food in Therapy
Taste Lab – Sensory feedback and motor requirement needed for each food texture
- Progression of food texture
- Match food presented in therapy to child’s sensory needs and motor skills
- Nutritional considerations
Behaviors During Mealtimes: Environmental Strategies to Set Children Up for Success
- Manage common mealtime behaviors – throwing foods, not sitting, crying during mealtimes
- Increase cooperation using the “just right challenge”
- Shift between treatment frameworks
- How to use the “feeding roadmap”
- Cerebral Palsy
- Down Syndrome
- Children who don’t eat by mouth/G-Tube
- Medically complex children
Promote Carry-Over At Home
- Educate parents who are stressed and in survival mode
- Help families have realistic expectations
- Easy-to-implement home programs that parents will do
- Help parents to change the relationship between child and food
Jessica Hunt, OTR/L, is well-known for her experience in treating pediatric sensory processing disorders in both the home and clinical settings. She serves children by bringing her feeding expertise directly into the home setting through her company J.L. Hunt Therapeutics. Previously Jessica worked for 10 years at Kaufman Children’s Center as the director of occupational therapy and sensory integration programs, and then as the director of feeding and oral motor programs. She is certified in sensory integration, receiving her Sensory Integration and Praxis Test (SIPT) certification in 2008, and studied with Lucy Jane Miller, PhD, OTR, who is nationally recognized for sensory research, education, and treatment.
Jessica received her bachelor’s degree in occupational therapy from Wayne State University in 2003. She gained expertise in “picky eating,” oral-motor therapy through trainings that include, the Beckman Protocol, and Talk Tools, behaviors issues with feeding, feeding strategies for children who have autism, and treating medically challenging children. She is also trained in craniofacial therapy, advanced training in Therapeutic Listening System, and Handwriting without Tears. Jessica is also the notable recipient of the 2011 Michigan Occupational Therapy Association Award of Excellence.
Financial: Jessica Hunt maintains a private practice. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Jessica Hunt has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Buy the Pediatric Complex Feeding Issues-2-Day Intensive Training – Jessica Hunt course at the best price at GBesy. After your purchase, you will get access to the downloads page. You can download all the files associated in your order at here and we will also send a download notification email via your mail.
Unlock your full potential with Pediatric Complex Feeding Issues-2-Day Intensive Training – Jessica Hunt courses. our courses are designed to help you excel.
Why wait? Take the first step towards greatness by purchasing Pediatric Complex Feeding Issues-2-Day Intensive Training – Jessica Hunt courses today. We offer a seamless and secure purchasing experience, ensuring your peace of mind. With our trusted payment gateways, Stripe and PayPal, you can confidently complete your transaction knowing that your financial information is protected.
Stripe, known for its robust security measures, provides a safe and reliable payment process. With its encrypted technology, your sensitive data remains confidential throughout the transaction. Rest assured that your purchase is protected.
PayPal, a globally recognized payment platform, offers an additional layer of security. With its buyer protection program, you can feel confident in your purchase. PayPal ensures that your financial details are safeguarded, allowing you to focus on your learning journey.
Is it secure? to Use of?
- Your identity is completely confidential. We do not share your information with anyone. So it is absolutely safe to buy the Pediatric Complex Feeding Issues-2-Day Intensive Training – Jessica Hunt course.
- 100% Safe Checkout Privateness coverage
- Communication and encryption of sensitive knowledge
- All card numbers are encrypted using AES at relaxation-256 and transmitting card numbers runs in a separate internet hosting atmosphere, and doesn’t share or save any data.
How can this course be delivered?
- After your successful payment this “Pediatric Complex Feeding Issues-2-Day Intensive Training – Jessica Hunt course”, Most of the products will come to you immediately. But for some products were posted for offer. Please wait for our response, it might take a few hours due to the time zone difference.
- If this happens, please wait. The technical department will process the link shortly after. You will receive notifications directly by e-mail. We appreciate your wait.
What Shipping Methods Are Available?
- You will receive a download link in the invoice or YOUR ACCOUNT.
- The course link always exists. use your account to login and download the Pediatric Complex Feeding Issues-2-Day Intensive Training – Jessica Hunt course whenever you need.
- You only need to visit a single link, and you can get all the Pediatric Complex Feeding Issues-2-Day Intensive Training – Jessica Hunt course content at once.
- You can do your learning online. You can be downloaded for better results and can study anywhere on any device. Make sure your system does not sleep during the download.
How Do I Track Order?
- We always notice the status of your order immediately after your payment. After 7 days if there is no download link, the system will automatically complete your money.
- We love to hear from you. Please don’t hesitate to email us with any comments, questions and suggestions.