Acquire the Play Therapy for Tweens and Teens -Strategies to Build Rapport, Invite Emotional Expression, and Navigate the Unique Challenges of this Developmental Stage – Jennifer Lefebre Course at at GBesy. We actively partake in Groupbuys, striving to disseminate knowledge to a wider audience. Notably, our courses uphold the same quality standards as those found on the sale page. Should you prefer, you have the option to make a direct purchase from the sale page at the full price (the SALEPAGE link is seamlessly integrated into the post).
Play Therapy for Tweens and Teens -Strategies to Build Rapport, Invite Emotional Expression, and Navigate the Unique Challenges of this Developmental Stage by Jennifer Lefebre,
Salepage link: At HERE. Archive:
- Jennifer Lefebre
- 6 Hours 7 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Mar 21, 2019
Living in a developmental stage that is inherently confusing and chaotic, adolescents are vulnerable, unsure of themselves, and often guarded when it comes to trusting and relating to others. Most teens and tweens are not in therapy by choice, and typically are NOT interested in talking about their feelings or the issues adults have identified as “problems,” especially with a stranger.
As a therapist, this presents a challenge for engaging teens and tweens who are clearly struggling but unwilling or unable to talk about it. At a time when adolescents and preteens need our help in navigating the multiple challenges of family, academic, and social life more than ever, the gap between clinical theory as taught in graduate school and real-life practice continues to widen.
Play therapy offers a unique avenue for expression that honors these clients’ developmental level and gives language to their thoughts and feelings in a non-threatening manner. Through the power of play, you can help teens and tweens process their emotions, build self-regulation skills, improve distress tolerance, and discover themselves in a non-directive safe way.
Watch trauma expert and Registered Play Therapist Supervisor (RPT-S), Dr. Jennifer Lefebre, in this recording full of creative, effective play-based interventions that can easily be integrated into the work you are already doing.
Using music, metaphors, art, movement, sandtrays and more, you can effectively treat many of the clinical issues these kids are facing, including:
- Depression and mood disorders, anxiety, trauma, OCD
- Low self-worth, identity development, self-injury, difficulty relating to others
- Impulsivity and poor judgment, difficulty accepting responsibility
- Pressure related to social media, sexual activity, drug and alcohol use
- And More
Discover how play therapy will inspire and transform your work with tweens and teens!
|Manual – Play Therapy for Tweens and Teens (2.57 MB)||50 Pages||Available after Purchase|
|Instructions for ASHA Credit – SELF STUDY ONLY – 03/21/19 (38.5 KB)||Available after Purchase|
ADVANCING ADOLESCENT TREATMENT WITH PLAY THERAPY
Why Play Therapy? What is It, and How is It Different with Teens and Tweens?
- Evidence supporting the benefits of play and creativity with this population
- Therapeutic powers of play
- Neurobiology of play & impact on trauma and attachment
- Avoid pitfalls when working with teens and tweens
- The frustration factor ~ use of cognitive skills and language
- Understand the difference between resistance, opposition and shut-down
- Play-based assessments and icebreakers to increase engagement
- Limitations & potential risks
From Client-Centered to CBT, a Myriad of Play Therapy Approaches as Applied to Adolescents
- Developmental Play Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Play Therapy
- Adlerian Play Therapy
- Client-centered Play Therapy
- Play therapy with families and groups
ADOLESCENT DEVELOPMENT ~ TASKS, THEORIES & CHALLENGES
Physical, Cognitive, Moral, and Psychosocial Development Changes and Milestones of Tweens and Teens
- Autonomy from parents & family
- Relationships, friendships & intimacy
- Identity development
- Moral reasoning & physical and intellectual growth
Influences of Culture, Heredity, Environment and Social Setting on Adolescents
- Social media, television and movies, music, electronics…oh my!
- This is the world we live in…how it effects treatment and growth
Striking a Balance
- Structure & freedom and independence & connection
- Verbal intellect & playfulness and creativity
- Strategies to teach caregivers how to play with their adolescents, and how to make these experiences part of their daily routines
PROVEN PLAY THERAPY TECHNIQUES
Enjoy the Silence ~ How to Use Silence to Increase Engagement and Therapeutic Rapport
- Try not to laugh
- Hide & seek & peek-a-boo
- What might this be? What can this do??
Walk this Way ~ Embodied Play Therapy and Movement Techniques to Increase Emotional and Behavioral Regulation
- The floor is lava…The floor is quick sand
- Mirror, mirror
- Trauma-informed yoga
What’s on Your Play List? ~ How to Use Music to Facilitate Therapeutic Discussion
- Catch the beat
- What are you listening to?
Enter Sandman ~ The Use of Sandtrays to Facilitate Verbal and Nonverbal Expressions of Thoughts, Feelings and Behaviors
- Safe Place
- Half & half
How to Use Drawing, Paint, Clay, Masks, and More!
Jennifer Lefebre, Psy.D., RPT-S, TCTSY-F, is a clinical psychologist, registered play therapist supervisor, and trauma-sensitive yoga facilitator. She is the president-elect for the New England Association for Play Therapy. Her clinical and research interests focus on the assessment and treatment of children, adolescents, adults and families whose lives have been impacted by complex trauma. Dr. Lefebre has extensive experience working with young children (0-5), adult survivors of severe childhood abuse and neglect, first responders, and combat veterans.
Dr. Lefebre is the clinical director at Healing the Child Within, a holistic trauma center in northwestern Connecticut which integrates psychotherapy, yoga, play, and expressive arts therapies into the treatment of complex trauma. She also provides clinical supervision and play therapy consultation throughout New England and online, and an adjunct faculty member at several universities, teaching both at the undergraduate and graduate level. In addition to being an experienced play therapist and professor, Dr. Lefebre is a sought-after expert for speaking engagements, podcasts and webinars on the topics of play therapy and complex childhood trauma.
Financial: Jennifer Lefebre is in private practice. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Jennifer Lefebre is a member of the Association of Play Therapy.
Buy the Play Therapy for Tweens and Teens -Strategies to Build Rapport, Invite Emotional Expression, and Navigate the Unique Challenges of this Developmental Stage – Jennifer Lefebre course at the best price at GBesy. After your purchase, you will get access to the downloads page. You can download all the files associated in your order at here and we will also send a download notification email via your mail.
Unlock your full potential with Play Therapy for Tweens and Teens -Strategies to Build Rapport, Invite Emotional Expression, and Navigate the Unique Challenges of this Developmental Stage – Jennifer Lefebre courses. our courses are designed to help you excel.
Why wait? Take the first step towards greatness by purchasing Play Therapy for Tweens and Teens -Strategies to Build Rapport, Invite Emotional Expression, and Navigate the Unique Challenges of this Developmental Stage – Jennifer Lefebre courses today. We offer a seamless and secure purchasing experience, ensuring your peace of mind. With our trusted payment gateways, Stripe and PayPal, you can confidently complete your transaction knowing that your financial information is protected.
Stripe, known for its robust security measures, provides a safe and reliable payment process. With its encrypted technology, your sensitive data remains confidential throughout the transaction. Rest assured that your purchase is protected.
PayPal, a globally recognized payment platform, offers an additional layer of security. With its buyer protection program, you can feel confident in your purchase. PayPal ensures that your financial details are safeguarded, allowing you to focus on your learning journey.
Is it secure? to Use of?
- Your identity is completely confidential. We do not share your information with anyone. So it is absolutely safe to buy the Play Therapy for Tweens and Teens -Strategies to Build Rapport, Invite Emotional Expression, and Navigate the Unique Challenges of this Developmental Stage – Jennifer Lefebre course.
- 100% Safe Checkout Privateness coverage
- Communication and encryption of sensitive knowledge
- All card numbers are encrypted using AES at relaxation-256 and transmitting card numbers runs in a separate internet hosting atmosphere, and doesn’t share or save any data.
How can this course be delivered?
- After your successful payment this “Play Therapy for Tweens and Teens -Strategies to Build Rapport, Invite Emotional Expression, and Navigate the Unique Challenges of this Developmental Stage – Jennifer Lefebre course”, Most of the products will come to you immediately. But for some products were posted for offer. Please wait for our response, it might take a few hours due to the time zone difference.
- If this happens, please wait. The technical department will process the link shortly after. You will receive notifications directly by e-mail. We appreciate your wait.
What Shipping Methods Are Available?
- You will receive a download link in the invoice or YOUR ACCOUNT.
- The course link always exists. use your account to login and download the Play Therapy for Tweens and Teens -Strategies to Build Rapport, Invite Emotional Expression, and Navigate the Unique Challenges of this Developmental Stage – Jennifer Lefebre course whenever you need.
- You only need to visit a single link, and you can get all the Play Therapy for Tweens and Teens -Strategies to Build Rapport, Invite Emotional Expression, and Navigate the Unique Challenges of this Developmental Stage – Jennifer Lefebre course content at once.
- You can do your learning online. You can be downloaded for better results and can study anywhere on any device. Make sure your system does not sleep during the download.
How Do I Track Order?
- We always notice the status of your order immediately after your payment. After 7 days if there is no download link, the system will automatically complete your money.
- We love to hear from you. Please don’t hesitate to email us with any comments, questions and suggestions.