Acquire the Problem-Solving Challenging Behaviors in Dementia -Person-Centered & Non-Pharmacologic Intervention Plans You Can Use the Next day – Leigh Odom Course at at GBesy. We actively partake in Groupbuys, striving to disseminate knowledge to a wider audience. Notably, our courses uphold the same quality standards as those found on the sale page. Should you prefer, you have the option to make a direct purchase from the sale page at the full price (the SALEPAGE link is seamlessly integrated into the post).
Problem-Solving Challenging Behaviors in Dementia -Person-Centered & Non-Pharmacologic Intervention Plans You Can Use the Next day by Leigh Odom,
Salepage link: At HERE. Archive:
- Leigh Odom
- 6 Hours 10 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Jan 25, 2019
This recording has been designed specifically for you, the frontline dementia care professional who is providing the best care possible to dementia patients living with moderate-severe stages. They display complex and challenging behaviors, like agitation, hitting, screaming, wandering, delusion, resistance and withdrawal.
Persons with dementia need increasing support that is provided in a way that communicates friendship, compassion and dignity. However, those of us in a support role experience first-hand the frustration, disappointment and even anger that accompanies the day-to-day responsibilities of dementia caregiving – often leading to burnout due to emotional exhaustion, depersonalization of patients and feelings of failure. That is not the personal level of care you sought to give others while in school.
Avoid the real potential consequence of failed behavior management in your dementia care – join Leigh Odom, Ph.D., CCC-SLP, CDP, CADDCT and learn evidence-based non-pharmacologic treatments and person-centered strategies to minimize the effects of dementia behaviors. Watch and come away with:
- A systematic approach to developing individualized behavior plans that are more likely to work the first time
- Methods to accurately identify common causes and manifestations of challenging behaviors
- Management strategies to directly target the trigger causing the undesired behavior
- Communication strategies to use with persons with dementia as a behavior management strategy
- Strategies to manage the potential consequences of compassion fatigue and burnout
Developing person-centered behavior plans in dementia care results in higher quality care, increased quality of life for the patient and decreased provider burnout. For your benefit and that of your patients, register today and get the dementia care training to be a better problem-solver!
|Manual – Problem-Solving Challenging Behaviors in Dementia (7.92 MB)||171 Pages||Available after Purchase|
|Instructions for ASHA Credit – SELF-STUDY ONLY – 01/25/19 (38.5 KB)||Available after Purchase|
Dementia: Major Neurocognitive Disorders (MND)
- Cognitive and psychological changes
- DSM-5® diagnostic criteria
- Etiologies of dementia
- Changes in dementia care
”Unpacking” Behaviors in Dementia: Case Examples
- Manifestation, Causes and Management Strategies
- Verbal – Screaming, cursing
- Physical – Hitting, scratching, grabbing
- Verbal – Repetitive questioning, disagreeing
- Physical – Wandering, pacing, hoarding, rummaging, hiding, voiding, shadowing, resistance
- Affect-Mood – Anxiety, depression, irritability, apathy
- Thought and perception – Hallucinations, delusions
- Vegetative symptoms – Sleep disturbances, sexuality, appetite
Behavior Management Plan Development
- A Comprehensive Step-By-Step Guide with Worksheets and Checklists
- Explicitly describe the behavior
- Assess impact of cognition, emotion, medical status, personal history on behavior
- Identify the cause of the behavior
- Interventions to address causes of behaviors
- Environmental changes
- Communication changes
- Schedule changes
- Medical changes
- Staff changes
- Write a thorough behavior intervention plan for the entire care team
- Evaluate the success of the behavior management plan or reasons for failure
Write a Behavior Management Plan: Case Examples
- Group activity using case examples
- Situations that you encounter on a regular basis
- Apply your knowledge and leave with a behavior plan in place
Improve Communication with the Person with Dementia
- Verbal communication strategies
- Nonverbal communication strategies
- Environmental modifications to enhance communication
- Role play communication strategies
Compassion Fatigue and Burnout
- Impact on dementia care
- Causes, signs and symptoms
- Prevention/remediation strategies to renew your passion!
Leigh Odom, Ph.D., CCC-SLP, CDP, CADDCT, is an associate professor of speech-language pathology at Western Carolina University. She has been practicing as a speech-language pathologist for nearly 15 years almost exclusively with families affected by neurogenic communication disorders. As the lead academic and clinical instructor of neurogenic content in her department, Dr. Odom has been teaching both graduate and undergraduate neurogenic courses since 2008. Dr. Odom is a Certified Dementia Practitioner and a Certified Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia Care Trainer, frequently collaborating with families and healthcare providers to improve dementia care as a dementia care trainer and support group facilitator. She has published nearly 20 articles in peer-reviewed research journals, and has led numerous trainings at state and national professional conferences. Dr. Odom is a member of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, the Academy of Neurologic Communication Disorders and Sciences, and the North Carolina Speech-Hearing-Language Association.
Financial: Leigh Odom maintains a private practice. She is an associate professor at Western Carolina University. Dr. Morrow Odom receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Leigh Odom is a member of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association; Academy of Neurologic Communication Disorders and Sciences; and the North Carolina Speech-Language Hearing Association.
Buy the Problem-Solving Challenging Behaviors in Dementia -Person-Centered & Non-Pharmacologic Intervention Plans You Can Use the Next day – Leigh Odom course at the best price at GBesy. After your purchase, you will get access to the downloads page. You can download all the files associated in your order at here and we will also send a download notification email via your mail.
Unlock your full potential with Problem-Solving Challenging Behaviors in Dementia -Person-Centered & Non-Pharmacologic Intervention Plans You Can Use the Next day – Leigh Odom courses. our courses are designed to help you excel.
Why wait? Take the first step towards greatness by purchasing Problem-Solving Challenging Behaviors in Dementia -Person-Centered & Non-Pharmacologic Intervention Plans You Can Use the Next day – Leigh Odom courses today. We offer a seamless and secure purchasing experience, ensuring your peace of mind. With our trusted payment gateways, Stripe and PayPal, you can confidently complete your transaction knowing that your financial information is protected.
Stripe, known for its robust security measures, provides a safe and reliable payment process. With its encrypted technology, your sensitive data remains confidential throughout the transaction. Rest assured that your purchase is protected.
PayPal, a globally recognized payment platform, offers an additional layer of security. With its buyer protection program, you can feel confident in your purchase. PayPal ensures that your financial details are safeguarded, allowing you to focus on your learning journey.
Is it secure? to Use of?
- Your identity is completely confidential. We do not share your information with anyone. So it is absolutely safe to buy the Problem-Solving Challenging Behaviors in Dementia -Person-Centered & Non-Pharmacologic Intervention Plans You Can Use the Next day – Leigh Odom course.
- 100% Safe Checkout Privateness coverage
- Communication and encryption of sensitive knowledge
- All card numbers are encrypted using AES at relaxation-256 and transmitting card numbers runs in a separate internet hosting atmosphere, and doesn’t share or save any data.
How can this course be delivered?
- After your successful payment this “Problem-Solving Challenging Behaviors in Dementia -Person-Centered & Non-Pharmacologic Intervention Plans You Can Use the Next day – Leigh Odom course”, Most of the products will come to you immediately. But for some products were posted for offer. Please wait for our response, it might take a few hours due to the time zone difference.
- If this happens, please wait. The technical department will process the link shortly after. You will receive notifications directly by e-mail. We appreciate your wait.
What Shipping Methods Are Available?
- You will receive a download link in the invoice or YOUR ACCOUNT.
- The course link always exists. use your account to login and download the Problem-Solving Challenging Behaviors in Dementia -Person-Centered & Non-Pharmacologic Intervention Plans You Can Use the Next day – Leigh Odom course whenever you need.
- You only need to visit a single link, and you can get all the Problem-Solving Challenging Behaviors in Dementia -Person-Centered & Non-Pharmacologic Intervention Plans You Can Use the Next day – Leigh Odom course content at once.
- You can do your learning online. You can be downloaded for better results and can study anywhere on any device. Make sure your system does not sleep during the download.
How Do I Track Order?
- We always notice the status of your order immediately after your payment. After 7 days if there is no download link, the system will automatically complete your money.
- We love to hear from you. Please don’t hesitate to email us with any comments, questions and suggestions.