Acquire the Psychopharmacology 2-Day Conference – Perry W. Buffington Course at at GBesy. We actively partake in Groupbuys, striving to disseminate knowledge to a wider audience. Notably, our courses uphold the same quality standards as those found on the sale page. Should you prefer, you have the option to make a direct purchase from the sale page at the full price (the SALEPAGE link is seamlessly integrated into the post).
Psychopharmacology 2-Day Conference by Perry W. Buffington,
Salepage link: At HERE. Archive:
- Perry W. Buffington
- 12 Hours 12 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Sep 14, 2017
- Learn current understanding of how & why mental health medications work
- Understand which medications are evidenced-based to best treat which disorders
- Improve your clients’ responses and clinical outcomes to medications
- Help your clients recognize side effects and learn how to manage them
- Learn about new trends in prescribing
- Understand current controversies in the field
- New and emerging ethical dilemmas both prescribing and non-prescribing clinicians face daily
Spend two action-packed days learning about the newest advances in psychopharmacology and contemporary trends in medication management. From his unique perspective, Dr. Perry Buffington teaches psychopharmacology thoughtfully, with an emphasis on the experience of the client. Dr. Buffington’s years of experience in mental health and passion for clients, shines through in the detail and thoroughness of his presentation.
Clients often only have a few minutes with their prescriber and require additional support. It’s vital that you are able to answer their questions, help manage side effects and understand reactions. Designed for counselors, nurses, psychotherapists, psychologists, and other mental health professionals, Dr. Buffington provides the information you need in order to best help your clients.
This conference allows time for exploration of underrepresented areas, including ADHD, substance use disorders and psychopharmacological ethics. Take home specialized guidelines for geriatrics, and clients with chronic pain. Discuss how the DSM-5® and the Affordable Healthcare Law have impacted prescribing patterns and the use of psychotropics in newly defined diagnoses. In addition to a general ‘nuts and bolts’ review of medications, you will examine case examples, discuss medication controversies and how to effectively collaborate with prescribing practitioners. You will find this conference to have the most up- to-date medication information and how to use it most effectively with your client.
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to: PO Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call 1-800-844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at 1-800-844-8260.
|Manual ZNM048500 (2.97 MB)||121 Pages||Available after Purchase|
- Historical antecedents of modern psychopharmacology
- Diagnostic issues
- Clarification of terms
- Drug metabolism concepts: pharmacokinetics & pharmacodynamics
- Drug mechanism of action
- Placebo & Nocebo
- Pharmacotherapy vs. Pharmacotherapy
- Developing highly effective collaborations with prescribers
- Biogenic Amine, Cortisol, Down-Regulation, & Neurotropic Hypotheses
- Neurochemistry of depression
- Types of anti-depressants
- Preventing side effects
- Tardive Dysphoria: real or imagined?
ANXIETY DISORDERS & OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDERS & TRAUMA RELATED DISORDERS
- Neurochemistry of anxiety
- GAD, panic disorders, phobias
- Physiological interventions
- Anti-anxiety medications
- Non-pharmacologic options
- Benzodiazepines: risks and benefits
- Preventing side effects
- The Bipolar Spectrum & DSM-5® Changes
- Mood stabilizers
- Anti-convulsants & neuromodulators
- Typical, atypical, & third-generation antipsychotics
- Effective strategies for improving outcomes for clients
PSYCHOTIC DISORDERS/ SCHIZOPHRENIA
- Neurochemistry of psychosis and schizophrenia
- Antipsychotic Medications:
- First generation (typical)
- Second generation (atypical)
- Managing side effects
- Extrapyramidal symptoms and TD
- Metabolic problems- what blood tests are needed and when
- Preventing Diabetes Mellitus
- Recognizing hyperprolactinemia- and why you need to know
- Use of atypical antipsychotics for multiple disorders
LIMITATIONS OF THE RESEARCH & POTENTIAL RISKS
- Differential diagnosis
- Neurochemistry of ADHD
- Treatment controversies
- Substance abuse and ADHD
- Stimulant medications
- Non-stimulant options
- Preventing side effects
SUBSTANCE ABUSE DISORDERS
- Neurochemistry of addiction
- Negative reinforcement & creation of habits
- PCP & Ketamine
- MDMA (Ecstasy)
- Energy vs. Chill Drinks
- Over-the-counter & herbal psychopharmacology
- Addiction treatments
- Behavioral addictions
- Specialized guidelines for geriatric patients
- Dementia treatment
- Slow vs. rapid metabolizers (genetic polymorphisms)
TREATING CLIENTS PAIN
- Acute vs. chronic pain
- Alternatives to pharmacology
- Pain vs. depression: which comes first?
ETHICS & PSYCHOPHARMACOLOGY
- High-risk pharmacology & psychopharmacology
- Off-label use of medications
- Prescribing for children
- Elective psychopharmacology
- Marketing of mental illness
- Informed vs. uninformed consent
- Patient & third party pressures
- Professional boundaries
- Ethics associated with medical errors
- Role of placebo
- Change of mind: preventing vs. managing side effects
- Medicalization of normal
- Computer assisted devices
- New meds, new diagnoses, new theories, new normal
- Top 10 Medical Emergencies
- Integrating psychotherapy with psychopharmacology
LIMITATIONS OF THE RESEARCH & POTENTIAL RISKS
Perry Buffington, Ph.D., M.S., has over 20 years of experience in the medical consulting field and is currently a full-time senior lecturer at the University of Georgia, teaching psychopharmacology at the undergraduate and graduate levels. He is former chairman of the prestigious Florida Psychological Association’s Prescriptive Authority Committee and teaches seminars nationwide on minimizing psychopharmacological errors.
As the author of eight books (currently working on his first psychopharmacology text), his by-line has appeared in hundreds of periodicals including the Saturday Evening Post, USA Today, and Success. He is the former contributing editor for Delta Air Lines’ in-flight magazine, Sky, and served as a syndicated newspaper/web columnist for Universal Press. Additional, he hosted his own radio show, syndicated nationally, by Envison Radio Networks.
Perry’s presentation style is engaging, a blend of education and entertainment; as a result, critics (and especially his students) applaud his ability to make complicated topics understandable and applicable – even useful!!
Financial: Perry Buffington is the President of Go-Buff Enterprises, Inc. He is a member of the psychology faculty, Franklin College of Arts & Sciences, The University of Georgia. Dr. Buffington receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Nonfinancial: Perry Buffington has no relevant nonfinancial relationship to disclose.
Buy the Psychopharmacology 2-Day Conference – Perry W. Buffington course at the best price at GBesy. After your purchase, you will get access to the downloads page. You can download all the files associated in your order at here and we will also send a download notification email via your mail.
Unlock your full potential with Psychopharmacology 2-Day Conference – Perry W. Buffington courses. our courses are designed to help you excel.
Why wait? Take the first step towards greatness by purchasing Psychopharmacology 2-Day Conference – Perry W. Buffington courses today. We offer a seamless and secure purchasing experience, ensuring your peace of mind. With our trusted payment gateways, Stripe and PayPal, you can confidently complete your transaction knowing that your financial information is protected.
Stripe, known for its robust security measures, provides a safe and reliable payment process. With its encrypted technology, your sensitive data remains confidential throughout the transaction. Rest assured that your purchase is protected.
PayPal, a globally recognized payment platform, offers an additional layer of security. With its buyer protection program, you can feel confident in your purchase. PayPal ensures that your financial details are safeguarded, allowing you to focus on your learning journey.
Is it secure? to Use of?
- Your identity is completely confidential. We do not share your information with anyone. So it is absolutely safe to buy the Psychopharmacology 2-Day Conference – Perry W. Buffington course.
- 100% Safe Checkout Privateness coverage
- Communication and encryption of sensitive knowledge
- All card numbers are encrypted using AES at relaxation-256 and transmitting card numbers runs in a separate internet hosting atmosphere, and doesn’t share or save any data.
How can this course be delivered?
- After your successful payment this “Psychopharmacology 2-Day Conference – Perry W. Buffington course”, Most of the products will come to you immediately. But for some products were posted for offer. Please wait for our response, it might take a few hours due to the time zone difference.
- If this happens, please wait. The technical department will process the link shortly after. You will receive notifications directly by e-mail. We appreciate your wait.
What Shipping Methods Are Available?
- You will receive a download link in the invoice or YOUR ACCOUNT.
- The course link always exists. use your account to login and download the Psychopharmacology 2-Day Conference – Perry W. Buffington course whenever you need.
- You only need to visit a single link, and you can get all the Psychopharmacology 2-Day Conference – Perry W. Buffington course content at once.
- You can do your learning online. You can be downloaded for better results and can study anywhere on any device. Make sure your system does not sleep during the download.
How Do I Track Order?
- We always notice the status of your order immediately after your payment. After 7 days if there is no download link, the system will automatically complete your money.
- We love to hear from you. Please don’t hesitate to email us with any comments, questions and suggestions.