Acquire the Sexually Exploited Children and Adolescents- Victim Identification, Assessment and Trauma-Informed Treatment Strategies – Katheen Leilani Ja Sook Bergquist Course at at GBesy. We actively partake in Groupbuys, striving to disseminate knowledge to a wider audience. Notably, our courses uphold the same quality standards as those found on the sale page. Should you prefer, you have the option to make a direct purchase from the sale page at the full price (the SALEPAGE link is seamlessly integrated into the post).
Sexually Exploited Children and Adolescents- Victim Identification, Assessment and Trauma-Informed Treatment Strategies by Katheen Leilani Ja Sook Bergquist,
Salepage link: At HERE. Archive:
- Katheen Leilani Ja Sook Bergquist
- 5 Hours 56 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Nov 06, 2018
Are there kids on your caseload that your gut tells you something is not right? Often that is the first clue clinicians have that a child is being trafficked. Parents miss it, educators miss it, and unfortunately too many therapists miss the telltale signs. This workshop will immerse you in the experiences of commercially sexually exploited youth and provide you with competencies to work effectively from a trauma-informed perspective.
In this recording, learn from Kathleen Leilani Ja Sook Bergquist, JD, PhD, LCSW, as she draws on more than 20 years of working with survivors of sexual assault. Dr. Bergquist will show you effective clinical strategies to:
- Identify trafficked children and adolescents
- Work with youth that are often justice-involved and/or in foster care
- Break the trauma bond that allows the trafficker to control the child
- Identify trauma-specific evidence-based approaches, there is no one approach fits all!
Working with these children can be complex, they often don’t see themselves as victims, and unprepared but well-intended clinicians can replace the trafficker from the youth’s perspective. As a clinician, there is nothing more rewarding than helping youth free themselves from the trauma bond of those who exploit them.
|Manual – Sexually Exploited Children and Adolescents (5.58 MB)||83 Pages||Available after Purchase|
Sex Trafficking of Youth
- Legal and clinical definitions
- Federal and state laws
- Domestic Minor Sex Trafficking (DMST)
- Commercially Sexually Exploited Children (CSEC)
- Sexually Exploited Youth (SEY)
- Risk factors for sex trafficking
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)
- Average age of entry
- Lack of psychosocial development
- Specific vulnerabilities
- Limited support in environment
Assessment and Red Flags
- Tools or screening for identifying victims of DMST
- Cluster of behaviors and/or social contexts that are indicators of trafficking
Trauma Bond: “Superglue of Sexual Exploitation” and Moral Injury
- Psychological underpinnings of entry to trafficking
- Understanding traffickers/pimps
- Psychological processes of grooming victims
- Why victims stay, why they return
Treating the Trauma of Trafficking
- Evidence-based treatment for traumatic stress (e.g. TF-CBT, EMDR)
- Strengths-based treatment approaches (e.g. CBT, resiliency, client as expert)
- Trauma-informed care v. trauma-specific services
- Treatment matching for different types of trafficking
Post-Traumatic Growth: Transformation from Victim to Survivor
- Discover strengths by working through the trauma (Tedeschi & Calhoun)
- Resiliency v. post-traumatic growth
- Critical questions; perceived v. actual growth
- Case examples: From trauma to recovery
Potential Treatment Obstacles and What to do About Them
- Lack of trust in providers and law enforcement
- The power of trauma bond
- Risk of returning to trafficking
- Instability of care
Legal and Ethical Considerations
- Contradictions between client-centered practice and legal/law enforcement needs (i.e. detention v. safe house)
- Laws that impact trafficking victims
- Safe harbor laws
- Age of consent for minors
- Prosecution of trafficking cases
- Role of the clinician in supporting clients’ rights to self-determination, safety and well-being
Kathleen Leilani Ja Sook Bergquist, JD, PhD, LCSW, has spent over 20 years working with survivors of sexual trauma to include childhood sexual abuse, sexual assault and sex trafficking. Her work has been as a psychotherapist specializing in trauma and an attorney. The recent “discovery” of sex trafficking has spurred her to be an advocate and educator about sexual exploitation. Dr. Bergquist teaches a graduate course on human trafficking at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas’ School of Social Work where she is on faculty and has been called on as an expert in criminal mitigation cases and to train law enforcement, domestic violence providers, clinicians, and community stakeholders. She is also the clinical director of the Rape Crisis Center in Las Vegas, NV that works with survivors of all sexual violence including sex trafficking. Dr. Bergquist is a proponent for an ecological holistic approach to working with clients, focusing on the client as a whole within context, and not just treating the trauma.
Dr. Bergquist is an associate professor in the School of Social Work at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. She earned her Juris Doctorate at the Boyd School of Law, UNLV; PhD in counselor education at the College of William and Mary; and her MSW at Norfolk State University.
Financial: Kathleen Leilani Ja Sook Bergquist is an associate professor at the University of Nevada – Las Vegas. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Kathleen Leilani Ja Sook Bergquist is a member of the National Association of Counsel for Children (NACC); National Association of Social Workers (NASW); National Association of Social Work – Nevada; and Nevada Bar Association.
Buy the Sexually Exploited Children and Adolescents- Victim Identification, Assessment and Trauma-Informed Treatment Strategies – Katheen Leilani Ja Sook Bergquist course at the best price at GBesy. After your purchase, you will get access to the downloads page. You can download all the files associated in your order at here and we will also send a download notification email via your mail.
Unlock your full potential with Sexually Exploited Children and Adolescents- Victim Identification, Assessment and Trauma-Informed Treatment Strategies – Katheen Leilani Ja Sook Bergquist courses. our courses are designed to help you excel.
Why wait? Take the first step towards greatness by purchasing Sexually Exploited Children and Adolescents- Victim Identification, Assessment and Trauma-Informed Treatment Strategies – Katheen Leilani Ja Sook Bergquist courses today. We offer a seamless and secure purchasing experience, ensuring your peace of mind. With our trusted payment gateways, Stripe and PayPal, you can confidently complete your transaction knowing that your financial information is protected.
Stripe, known for its robust security measures, provides a safe and reliable payment process. With its encrypted technology, your sensitive data remains confidential throughout the transaction. Rest assured that your purchase is protected.
PayPal, a globally recognized payment platform, offers an additional layer of security. With its buyer protection program, you can feel confident in your purchase. PayPal ensures that your financial details are safeguarded, allowing you to focus on your learning journey.
Is it secure? to Use of?
- Your identity is completely confidential. We do not share your information with anyone. So it is absolutely safe to buy the Sexually Exploited Children and Adolescents- Victim Identification, Assessment and Trauma-Informed Treatment Strategies – Katheen Leilani Ja Sook Bergquist course.
- 100% Safe Checkout Privateness coverage
- Communication and encryption of sensitive knowledge
- All card numbers are encrypted using AES at relaxation-256 and transmitting card numbers runs in a separate internet hosting atmosphere, and doesn’t share or save any data.
How can this course be delivered?
- After your successful payment this “Sexually Exploited Children and Adolescents- Victim Identification, Assessment and Trauma-Informed Treatment Strategies – Katheen Leilani Ja Sook Bergquist course”, Most of the products will come to you immediately. But for some products were posted for offer. Please wait for our response, it might take a few hours due to the time zone difference.
- If this happens, please wait. The technical department will process the link shortly after. You will receive notifications directly by e-mail. We appreciate your wait.
What Shipping Methods Are Available?
- You will receive a download link in the invoice or YOUR ACCOUNT.
- The course link always exists. use your account to login and download the Sexually Exploited Children and Adolescents- Victim Identification, Assessment and Trauma-Informed Treatment Strategies – Katheen Leilani Ja Sook Bergquist course whenever you need.
- You only need to visit a single link, and you can get all the Sexually Exploited Children and Adolescents- Victim Identification, Assessment and Trauma-Informed Treatment Strategies – Katheen Leilani Ja Sook Bergquist course content at once.
- You can do your learning online. You can be downloaded for better results and can study anywhere on any device. Make sure your system does not sleep during the download.
How Do I Track Order?
- We always notice the status of your order immediately after your payment. After 7 days if there is no download link, the system will automatically complete your money.
- We love to hear from you. Please don’t hesitate to email us with any comments, questions and suggestions.