Acquire the Strength Training and Exercise Prescription for Older Adults-Successfully Manage Orthopedic & Chronic Diseases – Jamie Miner Course at at GBesy. We actively partake in Groupbuys, striving to disseminate knowledge to a wider audience. Notably, our courses uphold the same quality standards as those found on the sale page. Should you prefer, you have the option to make a direct purchase from the sale page at the full price (the SALEPAGE link is seamlessly integrated into the post).
Strength Training and Exercise Prescription for Older Adults-Successfully Manage Orthopedic & Chronic Diseases by Jamie Miner,
Salepage link: At HERE. Archive:
- Jamie Miner
- Full Day
- Audio and Video
- Apr 14, 2016
- Customized strength training exercises – with modifications
- Age-related assessments for your tool kit
- Key safety considerations for older adult exercise programming
- Effective muscle strengthening to improve function and endurance
- Tips to motivate patients – and keep them active!
For many of the older adults you see in your practice, growing older seems to involve an inevitable loss of strength, energy, and vitality. You feel helpless and frustrated as you watch your older patients suffer from a loss of muscle mass and subsequent weakness, knowing these things predispose them to increased risk for injury. You want to see your patients increase their functional capacity, maintain their independence, and decrease their co-morbidities. But what can you do in therapy to help your patients help themselves live a better, more independent life? Get them on a strength training routine! Strength training for this population has been proven to improve muscle strength and coordination, helping to maintain functional capacity and independence. By including the appropriate strength training programs in your therapy plan, you can reverse and prevent decreases in strength and energy your patients are experiencing.
Jamie Miner, PT, DPT, GCS, has implemented strength training for older adults into her practice, and wants to share her strategies and outcomes with you. Through case studies and hands-on activities, you will learn strategies to easily design safe and effective strength programs for every adult, even those with orthopedic and metabolic diseases. Get the information you need to help the most challenging patients – those patients with co-morbidities – successfully reach new levels of strength and vitality. Reduce the symptoms of metabolic diseases and arthritis in your patients through strength training, and keep your patients in their homes!
|Webcast Manual (3.63 MB)||89 Pages||Available after Purchase|
The Latest Trends in Strength Training in Older Adults
- Changes that occur with aging
- Strength training’s impact on function improvement
- Techniques to measure deconditioning level and muscle weakness
- Evidence-based supportive research for strength training
The Musculoskeletal System: Incorporate Physiology into a Balanced Exercise Plan
- How to develop strength
- How to develop power
- How to develop aerobic/anaerobic metabolism
Establish a Starting Point through Age-Related Assessments
- Range of motion
- Functional assessment
Customized Strength Training Exercises & Modifications Based on Diagnosis
- Elevated fall risk
- Chair-bound adults
- Orthopedic conditions: Arthritis, joint replacements, low back pain and spine care
- Cardiovascular disease, obesity & diabetes
Safety Considerations for Exercise Programing in an Older Adult
- Considerations for co-morbidities & chronic conditions
- Modify activities to overcome limitations such as:
- Inability to tolerate hot and cold environments
- Overreaction to external stimuli
- Impaired neuromuscular control & gait
- Considerations for an increased injury risk
- Recovery time considerations
- Impact of medication on exercise
Unique Considerations when Prescribing Exercise in Adults
- Sequencing exercise
Tips to Motivate Patients – and Keep them Active
- Overcoming mental & emotional barriers to exercise
- Implementing exercise into daily life
- Low-cost exercise solutions
- Nutritional considerations
Jamie Miner, PT, DPT, GCS, provides specialized services to many SNFs. She has experience in home health, acute care, outpatient vestibular rehab and fall prevention, acute rehab, sub-acute rehab, and long-term care. Additionally, she serves as a clinical instructor to many doctoral physical therapy students and as an adjunct professor at Shenandoah University and Campbell University. Jamie graduated with a BS degree in PT from UNC Chapel Hill, a DPT from Shenandoah University and earned her vestibular certification at Emory University in March 2003.
Financial: Jamie Miner has an employment relationship with Rehabcare, Galloway Ridge Facility. She is an Adjunct Associate Professor at Shenandoah University. Ms. Miner receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Jamie Miner has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Buy the Strength Training and Exercise Prescription for Older Adults-Successfully Manage Orthopedic & Chronic Diseases – Jamie Miner course at the best price at GBesy. After your purchase, you will get access to the downloads page. You can download all the files associated in your order at here and we will also send a download notification email via your mail.
Unlock your full potential with Strength Training and Exercise Prescription for Older Adults-Successfully Manage Orthopedic & Chronic Diseases – Jamie Miner courses. our courses are designed to help you excel.
Why wait? Take the first step towards greatness by purchasing Strength Training and Exercise Prescription for Older Adults-Successfully Manage Orthopedic & Chronic Diseases – Jamie Miner courses today. We offer a seamless and secure purchasing experience, ensuring your peace of mind. With our trusted payment gateways, Stripe and PayPal, you can confidently complete your transaction knowing that your financial information is protected.
Stripe, known for its robust security measures, provides a safe and reliable payment process. With its encrypted technology, your sensitive data remains confidential throughout the transaction. Rest assured that your purchase is protected.
PayPal, a globally recognized payment platform, offers an additional layer of security. With its buyer protection program, you can feel confident in your purchase. PayPal ensures that your financial details are safeguarded, allowing you to focus on your learning journey.
Is it secure? to Use of?
- Your identity is completely confidential. We do not share your information with anyone. So it is absolutely safe to buy the Strength Training and Exercise Prescription for Older Adults-Successfully Manage Orthopedic & Chronic Diseases – Jamie Miner course.
- 100% Safe Checkout Privateness coverage
- Communication and encryption of sensitive knowledge
- All card numbers are encrypted using AES at relaxation-256 and transmitting card numbers runs in a separate internet hosting atmosphere, and doesn’t share or save any data.
How can this course be delivered?
- After your successful payment this “Strength Training and Exercise Prescription for Older Adults-Successfully Manage Orthopedic & Chronic Diseases – Jamie Miner course”, Most of the products will come to you immediately. But for some products were posted for offer. Please wait for our response, it might take a few hours due to the time zone difference.
- If this happens, please wait. The technical department will process the link shortly after. You will receive notifications directly by e-mail. We appreciate your wait.
What Shipping Methods Are Available?
- You will receive a download link in the invoice or YOUR ACCOUNT.
- The course link always exists. use your account to login and download the Strength Training and Exercise Prescription for Older Adults-Successfully Manage Orthopedic & Chronic Diseases – Jamie Miner course whenever you need.
- You only need to visit a single link, and you can get all the Strength Training and Exercise Prescription for Older Adults-Successfully Manage Orthopedic & Chronic Diseases – Jamie Miner course content at once.
- You can do your learning online. You can be downloaded for better results and can study anywhere on any device. Make sure your system does not sleep during the download.
How Do I Track Order?
- We always notice the status of your order immediately after your payment. After 7 days if there is no download link, the system will automatically complete your money.
- We love to hear from you. Please don’t hesitate to email us with any comments, questions and suggestions.