Acquire the Successful Rehab for Today’s Older Adults -Functional Assessment and Intervention for the Geriatric Client – Susan Blair Course at at GBesy. We actively partake in Groupbuys, striving to disseminate knowledge to a wider audience. Notably, our courses uphold the same quality standards as those found on the sale page. Should you prefer, you have the option to make a direct purchase from the sale page at the full price (the SALEPAGE link is seamlessly integrated into the post).
Successful Rehab for Today’s Older Adults -Functional Assessment and Intervention for the Geriatric Client by Susan Blair,
Salepage link: At HERE. Archive:
- Susan Blair
- 5 Hours 30 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Mar 28, 2019
Aging successfully is one of the most important goals for today’s older adults. For rehabilitation therapists, this can be rewarding and challenging with endless functional possibilities but limited clinical resources. This creative course recording presents fresh, exciting information to help older adults achieve their functional goals. Aging is not a prerequisite for becoming frail and chronic health conditions do not have to limit an older person’s ability to age in place successfully.
Can you relate…An elderly client of mine had old worn rugs in her sunroom, which I identified as a significant fall risk. I placed the old rugs in her garage, so her family could dispose of them properly. I used double sided rug tape to secure the new, safer rugs securely to the floor. A week later, her son telephoned me to let me know that his mother had retrieved the old rugs and placed them on top of her new ones to protect the new rugs from becoming dirty!
Older adults value possessions, their home, and their independence. Understanding and respecting choice and developing client-centered goals are critical skill for therapists working in any clinical setting. Join Susan Blair, one of only two occupational therapists who is dually credited by the AOTA Board in physical rehabilitation and in gerontology, as she presents her unique approach to creating an optimal therapeutic environment with today’s geriatric clients.
|Manual – Successful Rehab for Today’s Older Adults (15.49 MB)||79 Pages||Available after Purchase|
|Instructions for ASHA Credit – SELF STUDY ONLY – 03/28/19 (38.5 KB)||Available after Purchase|
A NEW ROADMAP FOR GERIATRIC REHABILITATION
- Evidence-based practice
- Ethical considerations for the role of therapy with older adults
- Emerging clinical practice settings
UPDATE ON FRAILTY
- Techniques to distinguish frailty in vulnerable older adults
- The current recognized criteria for frailty
- Interventions to reduce frailty
- Realistic goals when failure to thrive is present
INVOLVEMENT OF THE GERIATRIC PATIENT IN GOAL SETTING AND COMMUNICATION
- Develop client-centered performance goals
- How to incorporate effective interactions with older adults
- Learn appropriate techniques for communication with older adults
- Strategies to address the challenges of low vision and hearing deficits
ASSESSMENT SOLUTIONS: COST-EFFECTIVE, PRACTICAL, STANDARDIZED/INDIVIDUALIZED, MULTIDISCIPLINARY TESTS
- ADL assessment
- Depression scale
- Frail scale
- Cognitive evaluations
- Sustained activity assessment
THE ROLE OF DEPRESSION
- Tips to recognize symptoms in the older adult
- Strategies to minimize the impact of depression on functional outcomes
- What is the therapist’s responsibility in depression intervention?
IMPROVED OUTCOMES FOR FALL PREVENTION AND HOME SAFETY
- Fall risk assessment Intervention algorithm
- Educational resources
MEDICATION MANAGEMENT: AN EMERGING EPIDEMIC FOR OLDER ADULTS
- Tools for assessment of medication management skills
- Teaching older adults about medication safety
- Medication management device resource
STRATEGIES FOR SUCCESSFUL THERAPEUTIC INTERVENTIONS
- The four barriers to independence: Low vision, accessibility, mobility and cognition
- Physical activity for the older adult is function
- 135 functional activities to do inside a home
- How important is memory and reminiscing?
- Digging in the dirt: Therapeutic gardening Man’s best friend: Pet therapy
- When driving is in question?
- Community resource creation
SUSAN BLAIR, OTR/L, BCPR, BCG, has practiced as an occupational therapist for 32 years in a variety of settings, including acute care, inpatient rehabilitation, home health, and skilled nursing/assisted living facilities. She is the system float OT for Novant Medical Center in Winston Salem, NC. In this role, her astute ability to problem solve quickly for a wide variety of geriatric rehab challenges is put to the test. Susan has recognition for her expertise and maintains AOTA Board Certification in both physical rehabilitation and gerontology. She is a requested national level presenter, published author and has collaborated on clinical research with academic OT programs.
Financial: Susan Blair has an employment relationship with Novant Health. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Susan Blair is a member of the AOTA Board Certification Review Committee.
Buy the Successful Rehab for Today’s Older Adults -Functional Assessment and Intervention for the Geriatric Client – Susan Blair course at the best price at GBesy. After your purchase, you will get access to the downloads page. You can download all the files associated in your order at here and we will also send a download notification email via your mail.
Unlock your full potential with Successful Rehab for Today’s Older Adults -Functional Assessment and Intervention for the Geriatric Client – Susan Blair courses. our courses are designed to help you excel.
Why wait? Take the first step towards greatness by purchasing Successful Rehab for Today’s Older Adults -Functional Assessment and Intervention for the Geriatric Client – Susan Blair courses today. We offer a seamless and secure purchasing experience, ensuring your peace of mind. With our trusted payment gateways, Stripe and PayPal, you can confidently complete your transaction knowing that your financial information is protected.
Stripe, known for its robust security measures, provides a safe and reliable payment process. With its encrypted technology, your sensitive data remains confidential throughout the transaction. Rest assured that your purchase is protected.
PayPal, a globally recognized payment platform, offers an additional layer of security. With its buyer protection program, you can feel confident in your purchase. PayPal ensures that your financial details are safeguarded, allowing you to focus on your learning journey.
Is it secure? to Use of?
- Your identity is completely confidential. We do not share your information with anyone. So it is absolutely safe to buy the Successful Rehab for Today’s Older Adults -Functional Assessment and Intervention for the Geriatric Client – Susan Blair course.
- 100% Safe Checkout Privateness coverage
- Communication and encryption of sensitive knowledge
- All card numbers are encrypted using AES at relaxation-256 and transmitting card numbers runs in a separate internet hosting atmosphere, and doesn’t share or save any data.
How can this course be delivered?
- After your successful payment this “Successful Rehab for Today’s Older Adults -Functional Assessment and Intervention for the Geriatric Client – Susan Blair course”, Most of the products will come to you immediately. But for some products were posted for offer. Please wait for our response, it might take a few hours due to the time zone difference.
- If this happens, please wait. The technical department will process the link shortly after. You will receive notifications directly by e-mail. We appreciate your wait.
What Shipping Methods Are Available?
- You will receive a download link in the invoice or YOUR ACCOUNT.
- The course link always exists. use your account to login and download the Successful Rehab for Today’s Older Adults -Functional Assessment and Intervention for the Geriatric Client – Susan Blair course whenever you need.
- You only need to visit a single link, and you can get all the Successful Rehab for Today’s Older Adults -Functional Assessment and Intervention for the Geriatric Client – Susan Blair course content at once.
- You can do your learning online. You can be downloaded for better results and can study anywhere on any device. Make sure your system does not sleep during the download.
How Do I Track Order?
- We always notice the status of your order immediately after your payment. After 7 days if there is no download link, the system will automatically complete your money.
- We love to hear from you. Please don’t hesitate to email us with any comments, questions and suggestions.