Acquire the Suicide and Self-Harm in Adolescents-Effective Assessment and Intervention Strategies for Young People in Crisis – Tony L. Sheppard Course at at GBesy. We actively partake in Groupbuys, striving to disseminate knowledge to a wider audience. Notably, our courses uphold the same quality standards as those found on the sale page. Should you prefer, you have the option to make a direct purchase from the sale page at the full price (the SALEPAGE link is seamlessly integrated into the post).
Suicide and Self-Harm in Adolescents-Effective Assessment and Intervention Strategies for Young People in Crisis by Tony L. Sheppard,
Salepage link: At HERE. Archive:
- Tony L. Sheppard
- 6 Hours 14 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Nov 21, 2019
Helping young people heal is your greatest reward.
But when treating adolescents with depression, anxiety, and trauma the full extent of their suffering is not always obvious.
Many in distress wear a mask of strength while secretly harming themselves or hiding their struggle with thoughts of suicide. You worry that you could be missing critical signs.
This recording will provide you with the assessment tools you need to unmask self-harming and suicidal thoughts, adapt interventions from DBT and CBT to work with the distinct challenges of treating suicidal and self-harming adolescents, and manage the specific confidentiality and liability issues that accompany working with minors.
There’s too much at stake to be unprepared!
Finish this critical program feeling confident and capable in using these vital assessment tools and treatment techniques to bring hope and healing to vulnerable young clients!
|Manual – Suicide and Self-Harm in Adolescents (35.13 MB)||213 Pages||Available after Purchase|
Suicide and NSSI
- The relationship between suicide and self-injurious behavior
- When clients present with depression, anxiety, trauma
- Confidentiality, documentation, and legal considerations
Assessment Tools for Adolescents
- Formal assessment tools for NSSI
- Recency and frequency
- Who’s aware
- Suicide risk assessment
- Ideation, plan, means, intent
- Level of risk, intervention and when to hospitalize
Motivational Interviewing Techniques That Engage Young People in Treatment
- Tips to quickly establish rapport
- Using the Stages to Change/Motivational Interviewing Model in Treatment
- Overcome therapy interfering behaviors
- When parents are ready for change NOW!
Adapt DBT for Use with Adolescents
- Track suicidal and self-harming urges with diary cards
- Reduce emotional reactivity and improve distress tolerance
- Identifying emotions and triggers
- Mindfulness practices and relaxation techniques
- Reproducible handouts and checklists
CBT Interventions to Build Coping Skills and Manage Crisis
- ”Thought flipping” to maintain positive focus
- Address body image issues
- Create opportunities to build resilience, self-efficacy and self-control
- Handle suicidal crisis – self-soothing and distraction techniques
Effectively Work with Parents, Peers and Schools
- Interpersonal effectiveness skills for adolescents
- Training exercises to convey feelings/read the feelings of others
- Integrate parents into treatment
- Parental behaviors that can do more harm than good
- Means restriction strategies for safe home environments
- Involve schools and peers
- Learn to build “Trusted Adult” support networks
- Peer education approaches that create support
- Minimize the impact of bullying
Tony L. Sheppard, Psy.D., CGP, FAGPA, specializes in treating young people suffering from psychiatric issues including self-harm and suicide. A licensed psychologist and certified group psychotherapist, Tony brings over 15 years of experience working with children, adolescents, and young adults to his clinical practice. In addition to his private practice, Groupworks, he has trained hundreds of clinicians, educators, nurses, and physicians across the country in the treatment of self-harm and suicide, and is the author of a training curriculum in group psychotherapy.
Tony’s clinical approach draws from interpersonal neurobiology, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, solution-focused brief therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and positive psychology. His creative and interactive delivery style will draw you into the dire nature of youth suicide and self-harm and have you leaving feeling confident and prepared to handle this most important work.
Financial: Tony Sheppard is founder and director of Groupworks, Inc. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Tony Sheppard is a member of the American Group Psychotherapy Association; and the International Board for Certification of Group Psychotherapists.
Buy the Suicide and Self-Harm in Adolescents-Effective Assessment and Intervention Strategies for Young People in Crisis – Tony L. Sheppard course at the best price at GBesy. After your purchase, you will get access to the downloads page. You can download all the files associated in your order at here and we will also send a download notification email via your mail.
Unlock your full potential with Suicide and Self-Harm in Adolescents-Effective Assessment and Intervention Strategies for Young People in Crisis – Tony L. Sheppard courses. our courses are designed to help you excel.
Why wait? Take the first step towards greatness by purchasing Suicide and Self-Harm in Adolescents-Effective Assessment and Intervention Strategies for Young People in Crisis – Tony L. Sheppard courses today. We offer a seamless and secure purchasing experience, ensuring your peace of mind. With our trusted payment gateways, Stripe and PayPal, you can confidently complete your transaction knowing that your financial information is protected.
Stripe, known for its robust security measures, provides a safe and reliable payment process. With its encrypted technology, your sensitive data remains confidential throughout the transaction. Rest assured that your purchase is protected.
PayPal, a globally recognized payment platform, offers an additional layer of security. With its buyer protection program, you can feel confident in your purchase. PayPal ensures that your financial details are safeguarded, allowing you to focus on your learning journey.
Is it secure? to Use of?
- Your identity is completely confidential. We do not share your information with anyone. So it is absolutely safe to buy the Suicide and Self-Harm in Adolescents-Effective Assessment and Intervention Strategies for Young People in Crisis – Tony L. Sheppard course.
- 100% Safe Checkout Privateness coverage
- Communication and encryption of sensitive knowledge
- All card numbers are encrypted using AES at relaxation-256 and transmitting card numbers runs in a separate internet hosting atmosphere, and doesn’t share or save any data.
How can this course be delivered?
- After your successful payment this “Suicide and Self-Harm in Adolescents-Effective Assessment and Intervention Strategies for Young People in Crisis – Tony L. Sheppard course”, Most of the products will come to you immediately. But for some products were posted for offer. Please wait for our response, it might take a few hours due to the time zone difference.
- If this happens, please wait. The technical department will process the link shortly after. You will receive notifications directly by e-mail. We appreciate your wait.
What Shipping Methods Are Available?
- You will receive a download link in the invoice or YOUR ACCOUNT.
- The course link always exists. use your account to login and download the Suicide and Self-Harm in Adolescents-Effective Assessment and Intervention Strategies for Young People in Crisis – Tony L. Sheppard course whenever you need.
- You only need to visit a single link, and you can get all the Suicide and Self-Harm in Adolescents-Effective Assessment and Intervention Strategies for Young People in Crisis – Tony L. Sheppard course content at once.
- You can do your learning online. You can be downloaded for better results and can study anywhere on any device. Make sure your system does not sleep during the download.
How Do I Track Order?
- We always notice the status of your order immediately after your payment. After 7 days if there is no download link, the system will automatically complete your money.
- We love to hear from you. Please don’t hesitate to email us with any comments, questions and suggestions.