Acquire the Talking About Sex with Every Client -What Every Clinician Needs to Know – Douglas Braun-Harvey Course at at GBesy. We actively partake in Groupbuys, striving to disseminate knowledge to a wider audience. Notably, our courses uphold the same quality standards as those found on the sale page. Should you prefer, you have the option to make a direct purchase from the sale page at the full price (the SALEPAGE link is seamlessly integrated into the post).
Talking About Sex with Every Client -What Every Clinician Needs to Know by Douglas Braun-Harvey,
Salepage link: At HERE. Archive:
- Douglas Braun-Harvey
- 6 Hours 3 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Mar 06, 2017
- Skills to initiate and guide discussions about sex that can be implemented in the very first client session
- The six principles of sexual health to direct treatment planning and interventions
- Leave with a personal assessment plan that affirms your current strengths and identifies new skills for welcoming clients into conversations about sex
How can it be that you know you should be talking about sex with your client, yet you just don’t find yourself doing it?
Clients expect therapists to initiate informed, confident and relevant discussions about sex, yet many therapists unwittingly hinder this expectation. Clinicians often don’t have the mentoring or training that would allow them to talk confidently about sex. Too often, the solution to this gap is to avoid the sexual health conversation altogether or refer clients to the local sex expert. Unfortunately, this often means that the conversation never happens or, worse, that the client begins to believe that sex only gets talked about when there is a crisis, or when someone has been hurt.
This workshop is designed for clinicians of all levels who want to build their confidence and willingness to initiate and facilitate sexual wellness conversations with their clients. Sex expert and therapist, Douglas Braun-Harvey will provide you with multiple tools that enable you to focus therapy on the healthy aspects of sex. You will walk away from this workshop being able to:
- Understand how the six fundamentals of sexual health provide touchstones for co-constructing conversations about sex
- Apply these fundamental conversation tools in individual, couple, family, and group psychotherapy
- Move past both therapist and client natural struggle to talk about sex
- Identify common client sexual worries, problems and disorders
- Integrate sexual well-being assessment tools to improve diagnosis and treatment planning
The goal is for you to leave with specific tools and interpersonal skills that increase your personal and professional confidence in talking about sex!
|Manual (2.92 MB)||55 Pages||Available after Purchase|
Avoiding Sex Talk in Psychotherapy?
- Therapist avoidance of sex talk
- Client avoidance of sex talk
- The problem with avoiding sex talk
- Assessing current level of preparation for talking about sex
Sexual Health Conversations
- The six “S’s”: Common behavior patterns to avoid talking about sex
- Managing your anxiety when talking about sex
- Do you suffer from “premature evaluation”?
What is Sexual Health?
- Definitions of sexual health
- Cultural and moral foundations within sexual health
- Sexual health value systems
Why Sexual Health?
- Self-reflection on personal sexual health
- Client self-reflection on their sexual health
- Improve treatment outcomes through sexual health conversation
Six Fundamentals of sexual health
- Protected from HIV, STI’s and unplanned or unwanted pregnancy
- Shared Values
Fundamentals of Sexual Health Conversation
- Suspending judgment
- Affirm sexual pleasure
- Sexuality as a central and basic human need
- Behavior/symptoms as attempt to address a sexual worry or concern
- Stage of readiness for sexual health change
Key Sexual Health Conversation Skills
- Establish psychological safety
- Suspend judgment about sexual practices
- Process Here/Now sexual health moments in therapy
- Frame therapy content within sexual health principles
- Block interference with sexual health conversation
- Therapist transparency
- Sexual health conversation in individual therapy, couples and group therapy
- Three sexual health conversation skills for interns and supervisees
Douglas Braun-Harvey, MFT, CGP, CST, is a sexual health author, trainer and psychotherapist. He bridges sexual and mental health and facilitates organizational change. In 2013 he co-founded The Harvey Institute, an international education, training, consulting and supervision service for improving healthcare through integration of sexual health.
Braun-Harvey teaches and trains nationally and internationally linking sexual health principles within individual, couples and group psychotherapy, drug and alcohol treatment, HIV prevention and treatment, child welfare, reproductive health and prevention of child maltreatment.
Since 1993 he has been developing and implementing a sexual health based treatment approach for men with out of control sexual behavior (OCSB). His new book Treating Out of Control Sexual Behavior: Rethinking Sex Addiction written with co-author Michael Vigorito was published in 2015. Previous publications include Sexual Health in Recovery: Professional Counselor’s Manual (2011) and Sexual Health in Drug and Alcohol Treatment: Group Facilitator’s Manual (2009).
Mr. Braun-Harvey is Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Certified Group Psychotherapist and Certified Sex Therapist. He serves as treasurer of AASECT and is honored, as an alumni of the University of Minnesota, to join their Leadership Council for the Program in Human Sexuality in which he is a founding donor of the Doug Braun-Harvey Fellowship in Compulsive Sexual Behavior. He has been providing sexual health-based individual and group therapy in his San Diego private practice for almost 30 years.
Financial: Douglas Braun-Harvey is co-founder of The Harvey Institute, Inc. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Nonfinancial: Douglas Braun-Harvey has no relevant nonfinancial relationship to disclose.
Buy the Talking About Sex with Every Client -What Every Clinician Needs to Know – Douglas Braun-Harvey course at the best price at GBesy. After your purchase, you will get access to the downloads page. You can download all the files associated in your order at here and we will also send a download notification email via your mail.
Unlock your full potential with Talking About Sex with Every Client -What Every Clinician Needs to Know – Douglas Braun-Harvey courses. our courses are designed to help you excel.
Why wait? Take the first step towards greatness by purchasing Talking About Sex with Every Client -What Every Clinician Needs to Know – Douglas Braun-Harvey courses today. We offer a seamless and secure purchasing experience, ensuring your peace of mind. With our trusted payment gateways, Stripe and PayPal, you can confidently complete your transaction knowing that your financial information is protected.
Stripe, known for its robust security measures, provides a safe and reliable payment process. With its encrypted technology, your sensitive data remains confidential throughout the transaction. Rest assured that your purchase is protected.
PayPal, a globally recognized payment platform, offers an additional layer of security. With its buyer protection program, you can feel confident in your purchase. PayPal ensures that your financial details are safeguarded, allowing you to focus on your learning journey.
Is it secure? to Use of?
- Your identity is completely confidential. We do not share your information with anyone. So it is absolutely safe to buy the Talking About Sex with Every Client -What Every Clinician Needs to Know – Douglas Braun-Harvey course.
- 100% Safe Checkout Privateness coverage
- Communication and encryption of sensitive knowledge
- All card numbers are encrypted using AES at relaxation-256 and transmitting card numbers runs in a separate internet hosting atmosphere, and doesn’t share or save any data.
How can this course be delivered?
- After your successful payment this “Talking About Sex with Every Client -What Every Clinician Needs to Know – Douglas Braun-Harvey course”, Most of the products will come to you immediately. But for some products were posted for offer. Please wait for our response, it might take a few hours due to the time zone difference.
- If this happens, please wait. The technical department will process the link shortly after. You will receive notifications directly by e-mail. We appreciate your wait.
What Shipping Methods Are Available?
- You will receive a download link in the invoice or YOUR ACCOUNT.
- The course link always exists. use your account to login and download the Talking About Sex with Every Client -What Every Clinician Needs to Know – Douglas Braun-Harvey course whenever you need.
- You only need to visit a single link, and you can get all the Talking About Sex with Every Client -What Every Clinician Needs to Know – Douglas Braun-Harvey course content at once.
- You can do your learning online. You can be downloaded for better results and can study anywhere on any device. Make sure your system does not sleep during the download.
How Do I Track Order?
- We always notice the status of your order immediately after your payment. After 7 days if there is no download link, the system will automatically complete your money.
- We love to hear from you. Please don’t hesitate to email us with any comments, questions and suggestions.