Acquire the The Hands-On Guide to Vestibular Rehabilitation-Clinical Decision-Making to Treat Vertigo, Dizziness, & Balance Disorders – Colleen Sleik Course at at GBesy. We actively partake in Groupbuys, striving to disseminate knowledge to a wider audience. Notably, our courses uphold the same quality standards as those found on the sale page. Should you prefer, you have the option to make a direct purchase from the sale page at the full price (the SALEPAGE link is seamlessly integrated into the post).
The Hands-On Guide to Vestibular Rehabilitation-Clinical Decision-Making to Treat Vertigo, Dizziness, & Balance Disorders by Colleen Sleik,
Salepage link: At HERE. Archive:
- Colleen Sleik
- 6 Hours 26 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Jun 13, 2019
Colleen Sleik PT, DPT, OCS, NCS, began her journey into the specialized care of vestibular rehabilitation patients after evaluating a patient that she felt ill equipped to help. She needed to know more. Recognizing and treating BPPV itself is quite straightforward.
However, the care becomes much more complex for patients that are experiencing something that was initially thought to be BPPV or for those who have multiple conditions impacting their overall presentation. Advanced learning is required to understand how the systems function as a whole. This course was developed with these challenging patients in mind.
The recording begins with assessment and treatment techniques for BPPV, including a lab component to practice technique, hand positioning, and patient-specific modifications. You will become skilled to better recognize BPPV and subsequently recognize the presentations that do not fit the BPPV pattern. Further assessment and treatment of the non-BPPV diagnoses will also be addressed through functional assessments and treatment progressions.
Participants of this course will walk out with a deeper understanding of assessment, treatment techniques, patient-specific modifications, and differential diagnosis skills for the dizzy patient. Take your skills to a new level when you can pinpoint the areas where therapy can intervene to promote the desired functional gains for patients and the strategies to appropriately progress patients through each of those areas.
|Manual – The Hands-On Guide to Vestibular Rehabilitation (4.69 MB)||110 Pages||Available after Purchase|
|Instructions for ASHA Credit – SELF STUDY ONLY – 06/13/19 (38.5 KB)||Available after Purchase|
ASSESSMENT TECHNIQUES FOR DIFFERENTIAL DIAGNOSIS
- Position modifications for patients with mobility limitations or in environments with limited space such as home health or acute care
- Clinical decision-making large group activity to apply assessment techniques and interpret findings
- Recognize assessment findings that indicate central, peripheral, and cervicogenic dizziness diagnoses
- Determine a therapy diagnosis based on patient history, onset, symptoms and assessment
MEDICAL DIAGNOSES AND PROGNOSIS: PERIPHERAL & CENTRAL ORIGIN
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo
- Vestibular neuronitis, labyrinitis
- Meniere’s disease, endolymphatic hydrops, acoustic neuroma
- Central vertigo: CVA, multiple sclerosis, migraine-associated
- Cervicogenic vertigo
- Post-concussion syndrome
- Sensory integration/Multi-factorial balance dysfunction
- Clearing cervical spine: mVAT, Sharp-Purser test
- Occulomotor exam: Smooth pursuit, Saccades, Vergence and visual acuity
- Vestibular exam: Head thrust, Head-Shaking Nystagmus, Hallpike-Dix, Roll Test
- Assessing nystagmus: Horizontal, vertical, torsional
- Motion sensitivity quotient
- Balance assessment: mCTSIB, Dynamic Gait Index, Gait
VESTIBULAR REHABILITATION: DEVELOPING A PATIENT-SPECIFIC TREATMENT PLAN
- Canalith repositioning maneuvers: Epley maneuver, BBQ roll / quick BBQ roll, Cassani, Appiani, Brandt-Daroff Exercises
- Gaze stabilization: Basic and advancements
- Balance progression
- Sensory integration in balance Evidence-based Functional Assessment Tools
- Vestibular EDGE recommendations from the Academy of Neurologic Physical Therapy
- Direct each of the 4 areas of treatment for vestibular rehabilitation
Focus On Function Physical Therapy PC
Colleen Sleik, PT, DPT, OCS, NCS, is a licensed physical therapist, specializing in the treatment of patients with vestibular disorders when other forms of medical management have failed. Dr. Sleik founded a private practice in 2010 with the primary focus of treating patients with vestibular conditions. She continues to work as a specialist at Dickenson Rehab Services where more than 90% of her caseload consists of patients with vestibular and balance disorders.
Dr. Sleik graduated from The College of St. Catherine with a Master’s in physical therapy. She earned a transitional Doctor of physical therapy degree through The University of St. Augustine, Florida, and completed the Competency-Based Vestibular Rehabilitation course through Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia. In addition to board-certification as an Orthopaedic Clinical Specialist and Neurologic Clinical Specialist, Dr. Sleik is a member of the American Physical Therapy Association, including the Academy of Neurologic Physical Therapists, and the Vestibular Special Interest Group.
She began teaching continuing education courses in vestibular rehabilitation with the purpose of improving clinicians’ knowledge in the specialty of vestibular rehabilitation and ultimately improving the quality of patient care. Dr. Sleik’s goal as a clinician is to provide her patients with the best care available for return to daily function with minimal limitations, while also providing the tools for long-term self-management of symptoms.
Financial: Colleen Sleik has an employment relationship with Dickinson County Health Care System; and Aegis Therapies, Golden Living Center. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Colleen Sleik is a member of the American Physical Therapy Association.
Buy the The Hands-On Guide to Vestibular Rehabilitation-Clinical Decision-Making to Treat Vertigo, Dizziness, & Balance Disorders – Colleen Sleik course at the best price at GBesy. After your purchase, you will get access to the downloads page. You can download all the files associated in your order at here and we will also send a download notification email via your mail.
Unlock your full potential with The Hands-On Guide to Vestibular Rehabilitation-Clinical Decision-Making to Treat Vertigo, Dizziness, & Balance Disorders – Colleen Sleik courses. our courses are designed to help you excel.
Why wait? Take the first step towards greatness by purchasing The Hands-On Guide to Vestibular Rehabilitation-Clinical Decision-Making to Treat Vertigo, Dizziness, & Balance Disorders – Colleen Sleik courses today. We offer a seamless and secure purchasing experience, ensuring your peace of mind. With our trusted payment gateways, Stripe and PayPal, you can confidently complete your transaction knowing that your financial information is protected.
Stripe, known for its robust security measures, provides a safe and reliable payment process. With its encrypted technology, your sensitive data remains confidential throughout the transaction. Rest assured that your purchase is protected.
PayPal, a globally recognized payment platform, offers an additional layer of security. With its buyer protection program, you can feel confident in your purchase. PayPal ensures that your financial details are safeguarded, allowing you to focus on your learning journey.
Is it secure? to Use of?
- Your identity is completely confidential. We do not share your information with anyone. So it is absolutely safe to buy the The Hands-On Guide to Vestibular Rehabilitation-Clinical Decision-Making to Treat Vertigo, Dizziness, & Balance Disorders – Colleen Sleik course.
- 100% Safe Checkout Privateness coverage
- Communication and encryption of sensitive knowledge
- All card numbers are encrypted using AES at relaxation-256 and transmitting card numbers runs in a separate internet hosting atmosphere, and doesn’t share or save any data.
How can this course be delivered?
- After your successful payment this “The Hands-On Guide to Vestibular Rehabilitation-Clinical Decision-Making to Treat Vertigo, Dizziness, & Balance Disorders – Colleen Sleik course”, Most of the products will come to you immediately. But for some products were posted for offer. Please wait for our response, it might take a few hours due to the time zone difference.
- If this happens, please wait. The technical department will process the link shortly after. You will receive notifications directly by e-mail. We appreciate your wait.
What Shipping Methods Are Available?
- You will receive a download link in the invoice or YOUR ACCOUNT.
- The course link always exists. use your account to login and download the The Hands-On Guide to Vestibular Rehabilitation-Clinical Decision-Making to Treat Vertigo, Dizziness, & Balance Disorders – Colleen Sleik course whenever you need.
- You only need to visit a single link, and you can get all the The Hands-On Guide to Vestibular Rehabilitation-Clinical Decision-Making to Treat Vertigo, Dizziness, & Balance Disorders – Colleen Sleik course content at once.
- You can do your learning online. You can be downloaded for better results and can study anywhere on any device. Make sure your system does not sleep during the download.
How Do I Track Order?
- We always notice the status of your order immediately after your payment. After 7 days if there is no download link, the system will automatically complete your money.
- We love to hear from you. Please don’t hesitate to email us with any comments, questions and suggestions.