Acquire the Theory of Mind Interventions to Develop Social-Emotional Skills-Improve Social & Academic Success from Infancy Through Adolescence – Carol Westby Course at at GBesy. We actively partake in Groupbuys, striving to disseminate knowledge to a wider audience. Notably, our courses uphold the same quality standards as those found on the sale page. Should you prefer, you have the option to make a direct purchase from the sale page at the full price (the SALEPAGE link is seamlessly integrated into the post).
Theory of Mind Interventions to Develop Social-Emotional Skills-Improve Social & Academic Success from Infancy Through Adolescence by Carol Westby,
Salepage link: At HERE. Archive:
- Carol Westby
- 6 Hours 19 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Dec 01, 2017
Featuring Carol Westby, PhD, CCC-SLP: Internationally-renowned expert on Theory of Mind, play assessment and development, language-literacy relationships, and the developer of the Westby Play Scale!
Children with Theory of Mind (ToM) deficits lack social-reciprocity and perspective taking and struggle to make inferences about what others might do, think and feel. They have poor self-awareness and emotional regulation. Thus, they perceive the world they live in to be unpredictable putting them at a social and academic disadvantage. Your challenge as a therapist working with these children is to help them develop effective social-emotional functioning.
Join Theory of Mind expert, Carol Westby, PhD, CCC-SLP, and discover the developmental stages of ToM from precursors in infancy through higher-level thinking in adolescence. You will learn how to identify the patterns of ToM deficits and ToM developmental levels to effectively match intervention strategies to the child’s specific needs. Through video examples, children’s books and movies and pictures you will learn to design and implement strategies to develop the social-emotional underpinnings of ToM.
|Manual 063440 (3.16 MB)||54 Pages||Available after Purchase|
|Instructions for ASHA Credit – SELF STUDY ONLY – 12/01/17 (0.03 MB)||Available after Purchase|
Foundations for ToM Development
- ToM dimensions
- Neuroanatomical/Neurochemical foundations for ToM types or dimensions
- Genetic/environmental influences on ToM
- DSM-5® diagnoses and comorbidities
Assessment of ToM Development
- Formal and informal ways to assess ToM
- Precursors in infants/toddlers
- Emergence during preschool
- Higher order ToM in school-age children and adolescents
Cognitive/Affective ToM and Interpersonal/Intrapersonal ToM
- Patterns of ToM deficits and ToM developmental levels
- Social and academic implications
- Profiles to effectively match deficits to interventions
ToM Interventions for: Infants and Toddlers
- Engage children in emotional sharing
- Develop several types of joint attention
- Promote coordination/co-regulation in interactions
- Develop a sense of self through play
- Develop pretend play skills
- Nurture foundations for autobiographical memory and the ability to think about the future
Late Preschool/Early Elementary
- Foster the vocabulary and syntactic skills necessary for ToM
- Identify cues and clues to help recognize and infer emotions of self and others
- Promote language for counterfactual reasoning and mental time travel
- Strategies for emotional and behavioral regulation
- Strategies to promote social and academic comprehension
- Sentence frames to develop complex syntax for explaining reasons for emotions and behaviors
Deficits in Theory of Mind (ToM) are at the heart of social-emotional difficulties exhibited by those with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and Social Communication Disorders (SCD) and contribute to the social difficulties of children with Language Disorders (LD) and Deaf or Hard-of-Hearing (DHH).
Carol Westby, CCC-SLP, PhD, BCS-CL, ASDCS, is an internationally renowned expert on play assessment and development in children. She is the developer of the renowned Westby Symbolic Play Scale, a research-based scale used to assess children’s social and play skills. Dr. Westby has written and implemented projects to support personnel preparation, clinical service, and research, including Project PLAY (Play and Language Attunement in Young Children), that trains caregivers to increase the development of play, theory of mind, and language.
Dr. Westby is a fellow of the American-Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA), is Board Certified in Child Language and Literacy Disorders, and has received the Distinguished Alumnus Award from Geneva College and the University of Iowa’s Department of Speech Pathology and Audiology, the ASHA Award for Contributions to Multicultural Affairs, the Honors of ASHA, and the Kleffner Lifetime Clinical Career Award.
Dr. Westby has published and presented nationally and internationally on topics including play, autobiographical memory, theory of mind, language-literacy relationships, narrative/expository development and facilitation, adverse childhood experiences, screen time, trauma, metacognition/executive function, and assessment and intervention with culturally/linguistically diverse populations. She has consulted with the New Mexico Preschool for the Deaf, which employs a play-based curriculum.
Dr. Westby has been a visiting professor at Flinders University in South Australia where she worked on a language/literacy curriculum, and at Brigham Young University where she consulted on SEEL, a systematic and engaging emergent literacy program that employs playful practice. She is a consultant for Bilingual Multicultural Services in Albuquerque, NM and holds an affiliated appointment in Communication Disorders at Brigham Young University in Provo, UT.
Financial: Carol Westby is a consultant for Bilingual Multicultural Services. Dr. Westby receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc. She is the author of numerous chapters and articles, and is published by various publishers including Jones & Bartlett and Pearson.
Non-financial: Carol Westby is the developer of the Westby Play Scale. Dr. Westby is a fellow of the American-Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
Buy the Theory of Mind Interventions to Develop Social-Emotional Skills-Improve Social & Academic Success from Infancy Through Adolescence – Carol Westby course at the best price at GBesy. After your purchase, you will get access to the downloads page. You can download all the files associated in your order at here and we will also send a download notification email via your mail.
Unlock your full potential with Theory of Mind Interventions to Develop Social-Emotional Skills-Improve Social & Academic Success from Infancy Through Adolescence – Carol Westby courses. our courses are designed to help you excel.
Why wait? Take the first step towards greatness by purchasing Theory of Mind Interventions to Develop Social-Emotional Skills-Improve Social & Academic Success from Infancy Through Adolescence – Carol Westby courses today. We offer a seamless and secure purchasing experience, ensuring your peace of mind. With our trusted payment gateways, Stripe and PayPal, you can confidently complete your transaction knowing that your financial information is protected.
Stripe, known for its robust security measures, provides a safe and reliable payment process. With its encrypted technology, your sensitive data remains confidential throughout the transaction. Rest assured that your purchase is protected.
PayPal, a globally recognized payment platform, offers an additional layer of security. With its buyer protection program, you can feel confident in your purchase. PayPal ensures that your financial details are safeguarded, allowing you to focus on your learning journey.
Is it secure? to Use of?
- Your identity is completely confidential. We do not share your information with anyone. So it is absolutely safe to buy the Theory of Mind Interventions to Develop Social-Emotional Skills-Improve Social & Academic Success from Infancy Through Adolescence – Carol Westby course.
- 100% Safe Checkout Privateness coverage
- Communication and encryption of sensitive knowledge
- All card numbers are encrypted using AES at relaxation-256 and transmitting card numbers runs in a separate internet hosting atmosphere, and doesn’t share or save any data.
How can this course be delivered?
- After your successful payment this “Theory of Mind Interventions to Develop Social-Emotional Skills-Improve Social & Academic Success from Infancy Through Adolescence – Carol Westby course”, Most of the products will come to you immediately. But for some products were posted for offer. Please wait for our response, it might take a few hours due to the time zone difference.
- If this happens, please wait. The technical department will process the link shortly after. You will receive notifications directly by e-mail. We appreciate your wait.
What Shipping Methods Are Available?
- You will receive a download link in the invoice or YOUR ACCOUNT.
- The course link always exists. use your account to login and download the Theory of Mind Interventions to Develop Social-Emotional Skills-Improve Social & Academic Success from Infancy Through Adolescence – Carol Westby course whenever you need.
- You only need to visit a single link, and you can get all the Theory of Mind Interventions to Develop Social-Emotional Skills-Improve Social & Academic Success from Infancy Through Adolescence – Carol Westby course content at once.
- You can do your learning online. You can be downloaded for better results and can study anywhere on any device. Make sure your system does not sleep during the download.
How Do I Track Order?
- We always notice the status of your order immediately after your payment. After 7 days if there is no download link, the system will automatically complete your money.
- We love to hear from you. Please don’t hesitate to email us with any comments, questions and suggestions.