Acquire the Touch and Boundary Setting in Child Counseling & Classrooms -Interventions to Manage Challenging and Ethical Dilemmas – Janet Courtney Course at at GBesy. We actively partake in Groupbuys, striving to disseminate knowledge to a wider audience. Notably, our courses uphold the same quality standards as those found on the sale page. Should you prefer, you have the option to make a direct purchase from the sale page at the full price (the SALEPAGE link is seamlessly integrated into the post).
Touch and Boundary Setting in Child Counseling & Classrooms -Interventions to Manage Challenging and Ethical Dilemmas by Janet Courtney,
Salepage link: At HERE. Archive:
- Janet Courtney
- 5 Hours 57 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Dec 06, 2017
- Skills for working with autism, attachment, aggression, ADHD, physical & sexual abuse
- Play therapy techniques to help kids establish healthy boundaries
- Professional and legal boundaries around safe physical contact in therapy
- Touch best-practice guidelines
Touch in therapy with children has long been a taboo topic and a hotbed of controversy!
We, as practitioners and educators, are challenged daily with ethical and clinical/ educational dilemmas related to touch from a child’s request for a hug, to a child inappropriately touching, to physical acts of aggression.
Join Janet Courtney, PhD, LCSW, RPT and leading expert in the field of touch, in this ground-breaking workshop. You will learn the current research related to the neurobiology of touch and attachment, plus the varied mediating factors that impact child initiated verses practitioner/educator initiated touch.
Discover varied touch-informed play therapy approaches that ethically intervene with child problems and diagnoses related to trauma, sexual and physical abuse, domestic violence, ADHD, anxiety, and attachment.
You’ll walk away with new interventions to successfully manage in-the-moment challenging touch behaviors, as well as play therapy-based techniques to help kids and teens establish healthy touch boundaries. Increase your professional awareness and competency through lab activities, and clinical and ethical touch guidelines to immediately lower concerns of liability.
|Manual 053095 (6.29 MB)||69 Pages||Available after Purchase|
Breaking down the Touch Controversy
- Why the problem with touch & children?
- Touch with children vs adults
- “No touch” policies—More harm than good?
- Touch and your code of ethics
- Male vs female practitioner liability
- Examining the “slippery slope” argument
- Current research
Neurobiology of Touch
- Oxytocin—the “calming & connectivity” hormone
- Cortisol & hurtful or stressful touch
- Parasympathetic nervous system (PNS)
- C-tactile fibers—Emotional touch
- Sensory mirror neurons – develop empathy and interconnectivity
Assessing Mediating Factors of Touch
- Types of touch: child initiated, practitioner initiated, task-oriented, referential…
- Child’s age, gender, diagnosis
- Theoretical approach
- Cultural, religion, and more…
Case Examples/Ethical Dilemmas – Respond, Intervene & Set Safe Boundaries in Clinics/Classrooms
- Recommendations for working with physically & sexually abused children—attunement/ proximity/cues
- Alternatives to physical restraint – interventions for physically aggressive kids/teens
- Skills for working with children diagnosed with autism, reactive attachment disorder, ADHD (attunement/proximity/cues)
- Child Restraint—informed consent sample
- Managing inappropriate touching by the child
- Developmental differences: infants, children, teens
Play Therapy & Assessments – Touch as an Intervention
- Developmental play therapy—touch and attachment disorders
- DIR/floortime and children with autism
- FirstPlay®–facilitating corrective (and preventive) experiences of touch between infants and parents
- Touch in animal assisted therapy
- Peer-to-peer massage in schools
- Touch in groups: dance & movement/bereavement/play therapy
- Case Examples
Lab Experiential—Growing Professional Self-Awareness
- Knowing your own proximity space boundaries & comfort
- Side hugs & acceptable touch alternatives
- Practice setting appropriate boundaries with children
- Professional touch survey small group discussion
- Practice boundary setting interventions—through mock demonstrations
Become a “Touch Educator” with Creative Play-Based Interventions
- “Captain May I”
- ‘Red Light, Green Light’
- Hula hoop Personal Space
- “My No Touch Square!” chant activity
- Creating safe boundaries in the sandtray & clay
- Case study examples to apply to practice
Growing Ethical Competency in Touch
- Aristotle’s “Practical Wisdom”
- 5 core competencies in touch
- Clinical & ethical touch guidelines
- Liability risk management— informed consent
Janet A. Courtney, PhD, LCSW, is founder of FirstPlay Therapy® and an adjunct professor at Barry University School of Social Work, Miami Shores, FL. She is a Registered Play Therapy- Supervisor, TEDx speaker, a StoryPlay® facilitator, and is past President of the Florida Association for Play Therapy. She has publications in the International Journal of Play Therapy, the American Journal of Art Therapy, and the Journal of Therapeutic Horticulture, and is a contributing author for the chapter, Touching Autism through Developmental Play Therapy, in the book, Play-based Interventions for Children and Adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Dr. Courtney also has a book coming out in Spring, 2017, Touch in Child Counseling and Play Therapy: An Ethical and Clinical Guide.
She offers a certification in FirstPlay Therapy® (including FirstPlay® Infant Massage Storytelling). She has been invited to speak nationally and internationally including the Cayman Islands, England, Ireland, Morocco, Russia and the Ukraine. She specializes in infant mental health, attachment, and trauma related issues. Dr. Courtney’s new form of Kinesthetic Storytelling® can be found in her children’s book, The Magic Rainbow. Visit her website at www.FirstPlayTherapy.com for more information.
Financial: Janet Courtney is founder of FirstPlay™ Therapy. She is in private practice and an adjunct professor at Barry University. Dr. Courtney receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Janet Courtney is a member of the National Association of Social Workers.
Buy the Touch and Boundary Setting in Child Counseling & Classrooms -Interventions to Manage Challenging and Ethical Dilemmas – Janet Courtney course at the best price at GBesy. After your purchase, you will get access to the downloads page. You can download all the files associated in your order at here and we will also send a download notification email via your mail.
Unlock your full potential with Touch and Boundary Setting in Child Counseling & Classrooms -Interventions to Manage Challenging and Ethical Dilemmas – Janet Courtney courses. our courses are designed to help you excel.
Why wait? Take the first step towards greatness by purchasing Touch and Boundary Setting in Child Counseling & Classrooms -Interventions to Manage Challenging and Ethical Dilemmas – Janet Courtney courses today. We offer a seamless and secure purchasing experience, ensuring your peace of mind. With our trusted payment gateways, Stripe and PayPal, you can confidently complete your transaction knowing that your financial information is protected.
Stripe, known for its robust security measures, provides a safe and reliable payment process. With its encrypted technology, your sensitive data remains confidential throughout the transaction. Rest assured that your purchase is protected.
PayPal, a globally recognized payment platform, offers an additional layer of security. With its buyer protection program, you can feel confident in your purchase. PayPal ensures that your financial details are safeguarded, allowing you to focus on your learning journey.
Is it secure? to Use of?
- Your identity is completely confidential. We do not share your information with anyone. So it is absolutely safe to buy the Touch and Boundary Setting in Child Counseling & Classrooms -Interventions to Manage Challenging and Ethical Dilemmas – Janet Courtney course.
- 100% Safe Checkout Privateness coverage
- Communication and encryption of sensitive knowledge
- All card numbers are encrypted using AES at relaxation-256 and transmitting card numbers runs in a separate internet hosting atmosphere, and doesn’t share or save any data.
How can this course be delivered?
- After your successful payment this “Touch and Boundary Setting in Child Counseling & Classrooms -Interventions to Manage Challenging and Ethical Dilemmas – Janet Courtney course”, Most of the products will come to you immediately. But for some products were posted for offer. Please wait for our response, it might take a few hours due to the time zone difference.
- If this happens, please wait. The technical department will process the link shortly after. You will receive notifications directly by e-mail. We appreciate your wait.
What Shipping Methods Are Available?
- You will receive a download link in the invoice or YOUR ACCOUNT.
- The course link always exists. use your account to login and download the Touch and Boundary Setting in Child Counseling & Classrooms -Interventions to Manage Challenging and Ethical Dilemmas – Janet Courtney course whenever you need.
- You only need to visit a single link, and you can get all the Touch and Boundary Setting in Child Counseling & Classrooms -Interventions to Manage Challenging and Ethical Dilemmas – Janet Courtney course content at once.
- You can do your learning online. You can be downloaded for better results and can study anywhere on any device. Make sure your system does not sleep during the download.
How Do I Track Order?
- We always notice the status of your order immediately after your payment. After 7 days if there is no download link, the system will automatically complete your money.
- We love to hear from you. Please don’t hesitate to email us with any comments, questions and suggestions.